Feeling really low :(

xJodieLoux

Reaction score
Well it's just one thing after another. I had a cold on and off since christmas, that finally went away and then the midwife told me my baby was high risk for downs, so then I had amnio, had a few days of worrying myself half to death but thankfully everything was fine, then I got a water infection, got put on antibiotics to stop that, that stopped and now I've got thrush because of the antibiotics!!

Also I'm starting to look like a right fat cow, I'm only comfortable in my joggers, I feel like Vicky Pollard. Everybody keeps comparing me to people who are pregnant and due around the same time as me and apparently theyve all got right nice big bumps and are blooming, I look like a greasy whale. In four weeks time my OH's nanna is having a 75th birthday party. I dont look pregnant at all, just fat. I'm dreading the party :(

Aw dont worry!

I felt the same for ages, im small anyway but a bump didnt seem to appear for ages!
I was just feeling as though i was getting fatter and fatter :(

I wanted a sign that says, "im not a fat spotty *******.... im pregnant"!!

Maybe your OH could mention to anybody you both talk to at this party,
just in conversation that you are having a baby and it will stop you thinking that people are looking at you thinking your fat...

I was in pizza hut a while ago with Lee and i was so hungry!...
Eating loads like a proper pig, the waitress made a comment ( not to be rude, just trying to be friendly)
" you struggling "
It made me think then does she think im just a big fatty?...
lee just said "well shes eating for 2 isnt she" :)
And it made me feel a LOT better!

As for being ill.... i was so ill over christmas! i couldnt even eat my dinner...
Flu, sore throat, ear ache... everything!!
It was horrid!

hope you feel better soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Thank's. I know everybody must feel like this at some point during pregnancy, but I've just had enough now.

I forgot to mention that on wednesday me and my dad took the dogs for a walk and a man my dad knows stopped and talked to him, they were on about the earthquake and the man said 'I thought it was you daughter turning over in bed!!' I've never even met the man before. I was a size 14 before pregnancy, but I didn't look fat, I'm 5'8 and a size 14 is a nice size for me. His comment really annoyed me.

xJodieLoux said:
Thank's. I know everybody must feel like this at some point during pregnancy, but I've just had enough now.

I forgot to mention that on wednesday me and my dad took the dogs for a walk and a man my dad knows stopped and talked to him, they were on about the earthquake and the man said 'I thought it was you daughter turning over in bed!!' I've never even met the man before. I was a size 14 before pregnancy, but I didn't look fat, I'm 5'8 and a size 14 is a nice size for me. His comment really annoyed me.

:shock: What a blooming cheek! People can be so insensitive :hug:

In 4 weeks for your party you will deffo look pregnant, it took me a while too as I am overweight and short so it looked like I'd put on loads of weight, now I have a bump and i feel much better.

Sounds like you've had a pants start to the year :(

Hope it gets better for you soon :hug: :hug:

Thankyou, I hope I do look pregnant by then, if not I will just go hide in a dark corner (preferably near the buffet :lol: ).

5'8" and size 14 is not big at all! The waiting for the bump must be a nightmare, I bet it's more obvious to people than you might think.

How about wearing a shmock top (not sure how you spell it?!) My tummy always looks bigger in those and I think they look like proper pregnant tops.

Anyway, that man was evil :evil: Some people just don't think before they speak - annoying.

Sorry you've had such a tough time with it lately, it can only get better though hun! :hug:

If I were you, I'd spend the day of the party have a nice bubble bath, shave my legs, moisturise etc and REALLY pamper myself. Curl your hair, buy a new top or something, that should get the confidence levels increasing!

Hope you have a lovely time and people compliment you on how radiant you are looking during your pregnancy. I always think, no one need know that there are 10 spots under my foundation, my hair gets greasy after an hour of washing it or that the celulite on my legs is getting worse!

That's the power of make up :D

xxx

Wow the nerve of that man... making comments like that. Doesn't he know how comments like that can stick in someone's head and haunt them? He should be ashamed of himself.

I don't have a bump either, I just look chubby... like I ate all the pies at Christmas. Try not to worry too much, in a few weeks hopefully you'll have a nice bump to show off :)

Aww hun, I remember feeling exactly the same when I was PG with my son. I sat and cried one day ay my mum's house and said the only thing that I am wearing is joggers and big t-shirts and I look so fat not pregnant. I hated the in between stage when everyone is looking and thinking is she pg or has she just put on weight. I was really self conscious and was always thinking that people were thinking the worst of me.

In another few weeks you will have a proper bump and there will be no mistaking that you are PG - I felt loads better when my bump appeared.

Oh and I was in the pub one night for tea and a girl who I went to school with dad was in there and he said, "Ooh you're not as thin as you used to be" I felt like screaming at him that I was PG and not 13 anymore!!!

Sending you a big hug :hug:

Xxx

awwww hunny i really hope you start feeling better soon!!! dont worry about the party hunny - you will look fab!!! :D :hug:

Thank's girls. I will probably feel better in four weeks anyway, hopefully I'll have a nice bump by then. And I'll feel much better when this thrush has gone :x It's eased alot already since I put the cream on earlier.

aw hon :hug:

get some witchazel from boots too, and put some on a pantyliner for extra cooling relief!

There are a lot of fat, spotty people out there who don't have the excuse of having a lovely baby tucked up in their tummy. Feel bad for them and you'll soon feel better :D

Hi JodieLou,

Sorry to hear you're feeling down. Doc was telling me today that there are a lot of hormonal changes that take place around this stage of pregnancy so hopefully you'll feel better in a couple of weeks.

I was seeing my doc about thrush and spots to be honest - thrush keeps coming back, and spots haven't gone away in 6 weeks or so!!! Am also feeling like I have put more weight on this time - am probably a 14 now and am only 5 ft 3!

And what an insensitive man!!! Blimey, I think I may have said something really cheeky to him myself but when someone makes a comment like that it usually knocks you for six, and you can't think of a suitable response in the heat of the moment! Try not to let it get to you - there are always thick-skinned people about who just don't think before they open their trap!!

Hope you feel better very soon. :hug:

Well things just get worse, I had a falling out with my boyfriend last night and I've decided to end things with him. It is my choice but it's still sad. Knowing us two though we will be back together tomorrow, as much as I know I'm better off without him he always talks me round to being with him. I wish I was stronger, I really don't want to be with him but it's just so hard :cry:

xJodieLoux said:
Well things just get worse, I had a falling out with my boyfriend last night and I've decided to end things with him. It is my choice but it's still sad. Knowing us two though we will be back together tomorrow, as much as I know I'm better off without him he always talks me round to being with him. I wish I was stronger, I really don't want to be with him but it's just so hard :cry:

ah hunny
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
pm me if you want a moan and a shoulder to cry on
lol sarah

I'm sorry if my last post seemed a little flippant. I'm really sorry that you're so low at the moment. Please try not to make any irretrievable decisions at the moment.

:hug: Things will get better, I promise.

Aw love sorry your feeling so crap just now and things with your boyfriend (or ex-boyfriend) aren't great :hug:

I think even if he does ask you to get back together you should make sure you ask for some time and space to think about things, rather than rushing back in and being unhappy.

Remember that these damn hormones always make it harder to think clearly :?

Hi,

Really sorry to hear you've broken up - I really hope things work out how you'd like them to asap! Take it easy, and as has already been said, definitely take some time out to really think hard about what you want to do.

All the best :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back