Feeling Low and Anxious

el0u30da

Reaction score
These past few days I have been feeling increasingly low and worried for the future. I am 25 weeks pregnant and have recently moved in with my partner. We've been together seven years and he is eighteen years my senior. The baby was unexpected but welcome and until the past week or so we've been really quite happy. He's suddenly become quite withdrawn and we have been arguing a bit. I'm starting to get worried for our future, especially as he is a lot older than me. It sounds stupid but even though for seven years I've understood the nature of our age gap, suddnely I've become really worried about the future, and about being left on my own while I'm in my late forties or fifties, just realising that we won't spend the rest of my life together, and whether we will cope with the age difference in the future. It's left me quite tearful thinking about it. In the past, when I wasn't pregnant, I used to think that we would just deal with it when it happened, but now I'm starting to get really worried about whether it's going to work between us. I love him so much and want us to grow into a happy family together and don't know if it is just my hormones making me worried. Sorry, this is probably quite a garbled message and don't know if anyone has any advice or is in a similar situation?

Hey hun i wouldnt say that i am talking from experience with regards to your situation, but what i will say from experience that it would be a good idea to sit him down and talk to him openly. You know how he understands you best and the best way you communicate. Its not good keeping things inside you and upsetting yourself, for you or the baby. Just be honest with him and talk about it...im sure he'l understand your feelings, maybe theres just stress at work or something simple to explain why hes a lil aggitated or preoccupied.

Dont worry things will sort themselves out....xxx

id say alot of this is pregnancy hormones hun i have waves of complete panick at times about different things and if this is on your mind it will come out this way talk to your oh let him no how your feeling and come here and talk it can really help

I was in a relationship with a man 14 years older than me. We were together for 3 years but split for various reasons-nothing to do with his age x I felt and still feel that age is a number and it makes no difference to a strong relationship. I wouldn't worry about him not being there all your life as, not to be too blunt, who's to say what's round the corner? You could go out one day and get hit by a bus (hope not) or you could live to 110! Nobody knows what the future holds-which is why, IMHO, it's so terrifying. He could outlive you. Who knows x x I think pregnancy makes us really start thinking and questioning things and worrying. As a mum, it's our right! Lol x try to take every day as it comes, yes plan and prepare for the future but be prepared for those plans to change at any minute x big hugs x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back