feeling down

melhoney

Reaction score
Woke up this morning with a big headache, and generally not well, so did not go to work, and actually, I am not feeling very happy either!

I still haven't felt my baby moving and it seems my bump is desappearing day after day, and where I work, a school, we are 7 pregnant women, and most of us are expecting to deliver around the same period, so lots of people to compare myself with!! And I am the only one who have not felt anything yet, and whose bump is the smaller!!! i thought I had felt something, but everytime it happened, I had gaz and since gaz has stopped, I haven't felt anything! :(
Just feel like crying, but can't!
I keep on looking in the mirror, and i don't like what I see, and don't know what to do about it!
My midwife is not the kind who listens and comforts, and my husband just thinks I am worrying for no reason!!!!!!! OIh God, I hope he is right, but can't convince myself!

Sorry girls, not a very happy post but felt I had to write it down!

Easier said than done but try not to worry.

My bump is apparently quite small and I am taking that as a compliment not a criticism. I actually felt my first ever movement on precisely the same day that you are at 18-5, so it could be aby time, but I know that Cat only felt her baby at 21 weeks. Are you quite tall? If so this could be the reason. Shorter people seem to feel it sooner as they have a smaller pelvis supposedly.

Also try not to compare yourself to people at work. Just check out the bump pictures on here! Everyone is developing at a completely different rate.

Try to relax and enjoy yourself if you can.

:wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

i have not felt baby move today for about 11 hours n e advoce on who to call or what to do as my midwife only works on a fri..... pls help

Thanks Sarah,

No, I am quite small and thin!
I have my next scan on the 5th of october, and it seems sooooooo far away! I wish I could hear my baby's heart beat, but I have no doppler!
I have to go back to work tomorrow...don't feel like though, but it's probably better, I will have less time to think about it!

I'll try to relax... :)

Take care,

mel xx

((((((((((Mel)))))))))))))

sorry you feel so down right now,
just to reasure you tho, alot of people feel there babies move at diffrent stages, there is no set time, and it all depends on a few things, your size, your build, whether its your first, second or thrid baby etc.

i started getting "real" movements at 21 weeks, so i was very late
you are prob getting flutters but if you are busy all day they do often go unmissed.

my sister was 23 weeks when she felt her baby move, but i know my friend was 17 weeks.

as for your bump size, that again depends on a few things, the size of your baby of course, and the size and build of you.

I personaly would love to have a small neat bump instead of the one i have got, i bet your bump is just fine, and if you do think its small then thats great, means you will get your figure back quicker after the birth :D

when is your next scan, seeing your baby will prob put you more at ease about things

hi again Mel, just saw your post.

where abouts do you live? i have a dopler here that i use, i could post it to you for a while if you want?

Hi Mel

If you had gas and now you don't that could be why your bump looks smaller. Mine can change by 5 inches from day to day so try not to panic.

There's two other pregnant women where I work and we are all very different. One lady has a placenta to the front of her and didn't feel her baby until 27 weeks! The other lady is two weeks ahead of me (25 weeks) and is still getting into her normal jeans :shock: but has been told her baby is measuring big!
Please don't worry I'm sure everything is fine. Why don't you see if you can get a midwife appointment and ask her to listen to the baby?

Take care
Louise

Thanks a lot Layla, It's really nice of you!

You've actually managed to make me smile :)

I live in Aylesbury, and I know nobody there! I nearly went to see my GP today, I thought he might allow me to hear the baby, but I did not go, thought he would probably think I am silly! I will ask my husband to take a picture when he comes back, and I will try to upload it...have never done it before, so hope i'll manage :)

Thanks again for your offer, but I will try to work on myself! just to have read your replies make me feel I am not on my own, which I felt today, at home! I hate working and being pregnant, but staying at home on my own is not great either!

Rendez-vous on the bump pics tonight...you will tell me what you think!

Lots of love
Mel xx

Dani

You could call your pregnancy unit at the hospital - they usually have hospitals there that can help.

Take care

well i have one here that you can have if you want, just say the word and i will post it down.

also my msn/email is [email protected] if you ever need to talk

xxx

Hi Mel

When i feel down the stairs i went to my docs and asked them to check my babys heartbeat, but i also went another time because i had been stressed out and just told my doc i need reassurance that my baby was ok. So maybe just go and tell them what you want!! Worked for me :lol:

Good Luck

Natalie x

Thanks layla,

I will email you if I can't resist the temptation! I always thought I would not buy/rent a doppler because I did not want to get addicted to it and would not be able to stop listening :) But now, I feel a bit different :)

Louise,

you are probably right, actually, but my bump grew so quickly from when we came back from pakistan that I got used to see it coming out, and now, it's the other way round...every morning, when I wake up, I put my hand on it, and it feels like there is no bump anymore!
I guess I am just oversensitive,and stress too much, which is not good for my LO. If my husband was here, he would tell me off :)

I'll put a picture tonight...keep an eye please! :)
love,

mel xx

Hi Mel,
I am so sorry you are feeling so down. At the beginning I was getting frustrated too because one day i had a bump and the next day it was gone, I think I was retaining water or something. Your bump will come and like others have said try not to compare yourself with others as you will never be happy that way. Every pregnancy, person and baby is different, try to remember that.
At about 17 weeks I told my doctor I was feeling movement but he said in most first pregnancies you didn't feel anything until at least 22 weeks!!!
Anyway, I hope you are feeling better soon, we are all here for you xxx

you are probably rigt...as usual, I panick too quickly! It helps me to know that I am not the only one to have a desappearing bump! It is soooo frustrating, one day you look pregnant, and the other day, you just look fat!
Even my yr11 students told me I did not look "that pregnant"!!!
Bon, might go for a walk now, just to get some fresh air, and look for floor varnish/oil...we are having the floor of the baby's room sanded on the 1st of october and we will varnish it ourselves...I can't wait to assemble the cot we bought in Pakistan..something much more positive!

THANK YOU!

big hugs to all of you

Mel xx

Hi Mel.
Just really to go along with what has already been said, everyone is different, and its hard not to worry.
please try ringing the hospital, i contacted the maternity day unit, and they were so supportive when i hadnt felt baby boo for 3 days (felt movement really early....maybe as people have said cos im a short ass!)
they gave me a scan and used the doppler, and told me to come in any time if i was ever worried in the future.
if you explain your stressed out, im sure they will take 5 mins just to pop on the doppler.
bless Layla for her offer, how sweet!
keep your chin up Mel ((((((hugs)))))
Hels xx

Hi Mel sending you big ((((((((((hugz))))))))))))) you can vent all you want and do whatever is going to make you feel better!!!! Maybe you should go to your docs just to get some reassurance for yourself you probably would feel alot better.

Hi dani you can try eating a tablespoon of peanut butter and laying down on your left. That usually gets the baby moving. If not then I would call your midwife. Please let us know what happens.

Take care guys
xoxo Ree

Hi Mel,

Hope you are feeling a a little better - just to let you know i have just moved from aylesbury to the outskirts! Maybe we can stay in touch and you can let me know hoe you and your little bean are getting on xxxxx

Hi Jessika,

that's great news, I mean, We moved to Aylesbury last year, but apart from our neighbours who also like gardening like us, we don't know many people here, because we both work around london, so no real time to make new friends! Also I am french and all my family is in france, and my husband, as you may have read from other threads, is pakistani, and same thing, his family is in Pakistan!
But I am lucky, my hubby takes GREAT care of me...It's just that yesterday I was left on my own, at home, with no one to talk to!
I feel a bit better today, I have taken a picture of my bump, I am hoping to put it on tonight...if I manage! :)

Talk to you soo, whenever you want :)

Take care,
mel xx

Glad your are feeling better today! :D Hurry and get those pics uploaded can't wait to see them!!!! :D

xoxo Ree

Hi Ree77,

I have finally put my picture, but hum...a little big, sorry :oops:

Love,

Mel xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members