Feeling baby bump

bbee

Reaction score
Can you feel your baby? I mean like actually feel it when rubbing your bump? I'm in the bath and rubbing my bump and sometimes when I press I feel like a little lump but when I touch it, it soon moves? But I don't see it or feel it move it kind of just goes back in? It's quite odd.. I'm fifteen weeks and three days..?
Also do any of you ladies have any ideas on how to 'bond' with my bump? anything I can do to make baby relaxed or anything? Thanks :)xxx

Last edited:
Not at 15 weeks I couldnt no, it was around 28 or so weeks I could actually feel baby

At 15 weeks, your little one is only measuring around 8 - 9cm long, so perhaps a little unlikely that you can feel him/her move - although I wouldn't want to say impossible of course...

Have a look at this website which shows the developmental stages of your unborn bubba :) xx

http://www.babycentre.co.uk/pregnancy-week-by-week

Again, probably can't feel baby from the outside just yet. He/she willl still be so low down and tucked right away, but I'm sure it won't be long. As for early bonding, I read in one of my many weekly updates ages ago about it and thought it was a load of rubbish and didn't want to believe it, but gave the things they suggested a go anyway. There's the obvious vocal bonding - talking, singing/humming to baby is a good way to get them learning your voice so they recognise it when they're born. Make sure you get dad involved foo thrn they might even recognise his voice too. The there's the whole touch thing - rubbing your bump (& baby when you can feel it!) I have found very helpful. So when it's quiet or sleep time, a nice soothing rub is relaxing. I've also discovered it soothes my girlys hiccups when I can get to her ba k to give it a good rub!! Also tickling the bits that stick out is a fun game, but wouldn't recommend at a time you might want sleep lol once they learn it's a funtime thing they soon learn to respond and wriggle round for more!! Obviously using your voice in different ways depending on sleep or play has an impact too, so use it all together! It's a good way to know if baby's just having quiet time or not moving as much as they should. It's very reassuring to get a response from a little rub if you haven't felt movement for a while. The earlier you start the better too! Sonds crazy and you will get some funng looks, but it's an amazing feeling to get responses. Comes in handy when other people want to feel your bump too! My hubby thought I was nuts to start with, but he's as bad as me now!

Hope this helps and enjoy!!

Again, probably can't feel baby from the outside just yet. He/she willl still be so low down and tucked right away, but I'm sure it won't be long. As for early bonding, I read in one of my many weekly updates ages ago about it and thought it was a load of rubbish and didn't want to believe it, but gave the things they suggested a go anyway. There's the obvious vocal bonding - talking, singing/humming to baby is a good way to get them learning your voice so they recognise it when they're born. Make sure you get dad involved foo thrn they might even recognise his voice too. The there's the whole touch thing - rubbing your bump (& baby when you can feel it!) I have found very helpful. So when it's quiet or sleep time, a nice soothing rub is relaxing. I've also discovered it soothes my girlys hiccups when I can get to her ba k to give it a good rub!! Also tickling the bits that stick out is a fun game, but wouldn't recommend at a time you might want sleep lol once they learn it's a funtime thing they soon learn to respond and wriggle round for more!! Obviously using your voice in different ways depending on sleep or play has an impact too, so use it all together! It's a good way to know if baby's just having quiet time or not moving as much as they should. It's very reassuring to get a response from a little rub if you haven't felt movement for a while. The earlier you start the better too! Sonds crazy and you will get some funng looks, but it's an amazing feeling to get responses. Comes in handy when other people want to feel your bump too! My hubby thought I was nuts to start with, but he's as bad as me now!

Hope this helps and enjoy!!

Awww so cute! Deffo gonna try the tickle thing when im further along! Thanks!:D
xx

U will hun but not as early as 15wks. I didnt rven feel movement till about 19/20wks as my placenta is anterior.
But wait till end of tri 2/beginning of tri 3! Ull have ur ribs kicked feet poking out the sides bum pushing out :) xx

The tickling really works! My baby likes to poke her bum and head out at the same time so I have two solid lumps coming out from either side of my tummy, and when I tickle her my tummy sorta vibrates and she moves them in! It's really weird when they start poking out, I was really creeped out when it first happened. I woke up and my tummy felt overly stretched so I put my hand there and there was this hard thing coming out! I was so shocked, but it went almost instantly :) I'm now 30+5 and she's there all the time, she likes to poke me back where I poke her, so if I press down she pushes her hands back where I am, and I still find that strange!!x

The tickling really works! My baby likes to poke her bum and head out at the same time so I have two solid lumps coming out from either side of my tummy, and when I tickle her my tummy sorta vibrates and she moves them in! It's really weird when they start poking out, I was really creeped out when it first happened. I woke up and my tummy felt overly stretched so I put my hand there and there was this hard thing coming out! I was so shocked, but it went almost instantly :) I'm now 30+5 and she's there all the time, she likes to poke me back where I poke her, so if I press down she pushes her hands back where I am, and I still find that strange!!x

Aww so cute :) how many Weeks were you when you first felt poking out?xx

I tickle this wee ones feet all the time I deffo get big kicks but not sure if it likes it or if its sayin would you ever piss off lol my hubby does it now too now he knows where to find babys feet

I was about 20 weeks, I was led down flat and she starting poking around! It was about the same time that I was able to see her kicks and other people could feel them too :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back