feel sore down below...

mrs v

Reaction score
It kinda feels like I'm bruised, only when I walk really, not sore to touch, like my bones have moved...does that sound stupid??? Anyone else?

Yeah i get that feeling... i figured it was something to do with the SPD! My little one likes to lie very low aswell though so it could be pressure from him... unsure to be honest... i just know it uncomfy lol x

I read it could be to do with blood flowing more down there, feels like iv had a right good sex session, haha...I havent though!

Ie been like this for about a week ... Like I've been kicked in the foof ... Hurts to get up from Lying down etc

Dunno what causes it just glad I'm
Not the only one

Please excuse any typos from my fat fingers!
Tapatalk madness!

Does sound a bit like SPD. that's how it started for me at first.

Is spd something I need to be concerned about?

I get this sometimes, especially after walking a fair bit, a midwife I saw said it could be SPD or it might just the baby lying low. I've also learned my bladder makes it worse - before I even know I need to go I get that achey pain and if I go and pee it eases off a little.

Not really hun, it's a pregnancy thing - although it does tend to get worse and be fairly painful. Apparently a hormone we produce at around 10-12 weeks weakens the cartilage like bit at the front of the pelvis (preparing for birth), and the added weight of baby puts pressure on the pelvis.

If it gets worse, you're best seeing your GP who can refer to the the physio.

The physio I saw today said that for most women it goes 24 to 48 hours after baby arrives.

Last edited:

Not really hun, it's a pregnancy thing - although it does tend to get worse and be fairly painful. Apparently a hormone we produce at around 10-12 weeks weakens the cartilage like bit at the front of the pelvis (preparing for birth), and the added weight of baby puts pressure on the pelvis.

If it gets worse, you're best seeing your GP who can refer to the the physio.

The physio I saw today said that for most women it goes 24 to 48 hours after baby arrives.

Thank you for the info, its not unbearable but I suspect it may get worse as I get bigger, like tweetyfoo said it feels like iv been kicked, ill mention at nxt mw appointment xx

I reported feeling like this to my midwife today. Its a feeling I've had for a few weeks, but I was worried enough to mention it today because it seems to be getting progressively worse. I am now in a state where it affects my normal movement when walking, sitting down, getting up and it seems to worsen throughout the day too. She suggested it could be SPD and referred me to a physio for an appointment.
I would mention it to your midwife next time you see her, then it can be diagnosed and treated properly. Fingers crossed that it won't get too bad for you....

I get this feeling, too, mainly when I'm lying down in bedand have to move from one side to the other (which takes me about 5 minutes to do! lol)

I also feel it when I first get out of bed but luckily it goes after a little while. Luckily for me, it hasn't gotten worse as such, it's just been consistent at those times.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back