Feel so weak - no energy

yummy-mummy

Reaction score
Yesterday I had a little lie-in but got woken up by noises so I decided to just get up . When I did, my body felt so heavy it was scary. I wasn't sure if I had no energy or if I'd actually just had a really restful nights sleep and my body was limp from being rested.

Well today has been a nightmare. It's after 5pm and I'm still in my dressing gown feeling sorry for myself. I was woken up by the wee un at 8:30 but was too tired to get up so DH let me lie on. I dozed between 8:30 and around 11am when DH came in with coffee. Felt the nausea kicking in but that's normal so I got up and about. After an hour of feeling weepy I ended up back in bed. I don't feel ready to be a mum and all these horrible symptoms are killing me slowly. I got up again around 2pm and I hate to admit it but I had a cigarette as I'm totally fed up with life at the minute. Shortly after this I felt the same way I did yesterday. I made myself a hot Ribena and sat at the table but within a minute I couldn't even hold my head up. The mug felt like a ton weight and I came over all hot/cold like you do with the flu. I literally couldn't move and it took all the energy I had to collapse on the settee in the front room.

I'm scared for tomorrow as DH is working but I'm on leave and I'm worried in case this happens tomorrow. The only thing that seems to help is a sugar hit so a pain au chocolate did the trick today.

Has anyone else felt like this or have any idea why I could be feeling like this? It's very scary and I've never felt so weak and tired in my life even with glandular fever.

It's probably a combination of a few things babe,

1) Your body getting used to caring for your baby
2) A bit of a bug (there are so many cold/flu/achey sicky bugs things going round at the moment! Everyone seems to have something)
3) The fatigue of dealing emotionally with being pregnant and all the baggage that comes with

It's totally understandable that you would feel like this - nobody is going to begrudge you feeling a little sorry for yourself or having a day where you stay in your dressing gown!

If it's any consolation I've felt pretty sorry for myself over the last few days and spent most of my time in a dressing gown too!

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

It's totally normal.. I am always tired 24/24, since giving birth till now! I admit it was a mistake that I didn't take extra care about contraception and ended up pregnant this fast. I am soo tired all the time. and I just feel like I can't take it anymore.

Chins up lovelies. It will all be worth it in the end when you have your beautiful babies :hug:

Thanx babyblonde,. hehe wait till u have ur baby then u'll start to really feel it! my best friend told me this and yes having a baby around is alot of hard work! but it's worth it. well at least I have a plan now. I don't want to get pregnant for at least 10 years LOOL :rotfl:

:rotfl:

I didn't mean that to sound patronising or ignorant - I totally realise that it is sooooooooo much work having a baby, just feel like it must be worth it on some level or people wouldn't bother!

My mum phoned and gave me the kick up the backside I needed. She was allergic to my bro while she was pregnant with him and I mean allergic. Couldn't eat, sleep or breathe so I guess I should be lucky.

Schools should bring in pregnant women to explain what pregnancy is all about - that way, those 12 year olds who think that having a baby is cool might think twice. I'm even thinking twice and i'm almost 30! People have been having kids for years so if my mum took the same attitude as me my brother wouldn't be here and maybe I wouldn't either.

Fingers crossed tomorrow will be better. I'm taking a large glass of water up to bed now and a pack or Rich Tea in case I need a boost when I wake up. Hopefully tomorrow will be less like hell and more like before I was preggers.

P.S. If I hear one more person tell me how it will all be worth it I swear I will kill them. I've had DH, my parents, the in-laws and the two people in work who know tell me this in the last week. Babyblonde - I'll let you off this time as you haven't met my hormonal angry side! :twisted:

babyblonde said:
(backs towards door........)

No sudden movements either!

Feeling a bit better today. Took my time getting out of bed and had a good 1/2 glass of water and a biscuit before my bum left the mattress.

I'm only up an hour but I can already see how maternity leave will be interesting - I didn't realise how bad daytime TV is. The best thing I've found so far is the advert on BBC for the Royle Family where Barbara is asking Denise about not seeing the kids on Xmas morning to which Denise replies "Christmas isn't really a day for kids anyway".

:lol: That made me laugh too.

If it's any consolation I'm home today too feeling sorry for myself :lol:

If it wasn't for Sky Plus and all the things we have recorded over the last week I would be throwing myself out of the window right now......

I'm off on leave but hubby had a meeting today so I'm all by myself. Sky+ will be my saviour during maternity but at the minute everything we record is for both of us to watch. I'm actually thinking about braving the cold and the crowds and going shopping just to get me out of the house - am I mad? First things first, shower, food, hot Ribena and clothes (apparently a dressing gown isn't suitable for public viewing!).

I nearly fell over in the shower this morning - hence feeling I probably won't do well at work and deciding to stay home! :lol:

I don't do upright at the moment :lol:

I have gone for the dressing gown, telly and sleepingbag on sofa routine - works for me!

Dare you to go out in your dressing gown - and if anyone gives you a look you just glare at them and yell:

"I'M PREGNANT OK?????!"

I'm doing the PJ's and duvet on the sofa today.
I loved that advert for the royal family too, made me laugh.
xx

Well I've had a shower (was seeing stars but thankfully didn't fall over or go dizzy), I'm now wearing clothes :shock: and I have a cup of hot Ribena beside me. I've written the shopping list, filled the dishwasher and I'm about to phone my mum. I think that's quite enough for one day - well excet I've had a craving for muffins (the sweet kind and the ones you toast) so I think I'll pop out for a while to meet some fellow human beings that don't live in the TV. Fingers crossed I manage it as I can't face any food except Bourbon biscuits at the minute!

I'm the same and ironically Bourbons usually do it for me too - but not today! :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back