Feel so Poorly :-( any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by DevenChantler, Dec 10, 2011.

1. DevenChantler

DevenChantler Member

Urgh ive got some form of chesty/throat infection i think. Cant get hold of drs as its saturday and they only give out an emergency number which i dont think is necessary as im okish!
    I have the worst cough ive ever had and wondered if anyone has any ideas on what i can take or any remidies that have worked for them?
    I also feel awful for the baby as each time i cough he really kicks me hard at the moment. Sounds stupid but i dont want him to dislike me before he is even here lol :(

2. JensBump

JensBump Well-Known Member

Have you tried some warm water and honey that should help your throat and cough - also hot water and lemon can help. If you have any peppermint essential oils (or can get someone to go get some) you can breath some of that in via steam - though only use a couple of drops as it is very strong - also lavender rubbed in using a carrier oil to your chest and top of your back can help.

3. Lilelephant

Lilelephant Well-Known Member

Ring nhs direct hun or go to a walk in centre x

Sent from my gorgeous iphone4

4. l_maclean

l_maclean Well-Known Member

Simple linctus cough mix is ok when your pregnant - and my aunt swears by it even when ur not.

5. DevenChantler

DevenChantler Member

Thankyou so much hunnies. I think i am going to have to go to a walk in centre anyway unfortunately :-( I cant stay like this im barely able to talk now.. im going to try all your suggestions aswell!! somethings gotta work at least a little bit :)
    Dunno what d do without this site sometimes xx

6. Olive

Olive Well-Known Member

Take it easy hun. It's horrible feeling poorly especially when preg. Hope you feel better soon. X

7. jojo_2012

jojo_2012 Well-Known Member

yeah go get yourself some penicillin from the walk in centre, take some covonia and paracetamol, eat well, drink well and rest yourself!