please dont judge 4th day of not smoking

mumofmany

Reaction score
I have finally managed to give up those last few fags and i feel so ill, i have sore throat and a cough, the baby not as active at all, and basically i just feel like crap, i have been up all night taking cough medicine, sore throat pastils and paracetemol, my little one also has another ear infection so he up all night too. Its so hard doing this when it makes you feel so bad, I just hope baby doesn;t feel this bad. dont know why i posted really maybe in the hope that othe women have gone through this feeling and ho[ping they can advice me on how long roughly it lasts.

Hey :wave:

Just popping in over from TTC but wanted to say big congrats on your achievement, it's fab :hugs:

xxx

Hey 4 days is better than none! Your doing well, keep at it x

I have finally managed to give up those last few fags and i feel so ill, i have sore throat and a cough, the baby not as active at all, and basically i just feel like crap, i have been up all night taking cough medicine, sore throat pastils and paracetemol, my little one also has another ear infection so he up all night too. Its so hard doing this when it makes you feel so bad, I just hope baby doesn;t feel this bad. dont know why i posted really maybe in the hope that othe women have gone through this feeling and ho[ping they can advice me on how long roughly it lasts.

Hi hun,

I doubt anyone will judge you at all, certainly not previous smokers anyway.

I used to smoke, and always said that the only thing that would make me WANT to give up was falling pregnant. I was soon eating my words! :rotfl:

When I had my dating scan and saw my jelly bean, that was it for me, I did give up. I felt ok the first week or so, yeah I admit I was craving them a lot and a complete stroppy witch :oooo: Then I began feeling ill...headaches, a cough that sounded like a dog barking in distress. With all the coughing I began vomitting - I did take a trip to the Dr, who suggested what you are doing basically, cough syrup and paracetamol. I found warm blackcurrent squash eased my cough spurts.

I had this for a good 2 weeks and it eventually wore off, thank goodness.

Sadly though, on odd days I still fancy a fag :wall2: But I'm determined that I am not going to go back on that road again :shakehead:

Just think, a pack of fags is a pack of nappies :dance:

Good luck with it chick, you can do it! :hugs:

It kind of depends in some respects how long you were smoking for before you quit. When my friend quit she was rotten for a fair few days (she had been smoking for a long time - and note I say days not weeks), this is your body just reacting to it's withdrawl and clearing out what it doesn't want in your lungs. You are doing brilliantly and you have made a great decision for you and your baby. Just take it one day at a time and it won't be long before the fog clears and you feel brighter. Hope your little ones ear infection clears soon too, poor little mite. x x

Big respect to you hun it is not easy at all. I'm a classic on/off smoker although recently it's been more off. When my sister died I kind of went back on them, probably for 2 weeks and now I'm pregnant I'll stay off them. Anyway, when I first quit them (7 years ago) I got so many infections it was terrible!! Lymph glands, joints- you name it I got it! It lasted about 3 weeks then I felt fab!! I have to recommend lozengers for any cravings, they have stopped me caving in on so many occasions! Best of luck and well done so far xx

All I wanted to say was a big big well done to you hun, what a huge achievement x

Hun you are doing so well keep at it!

I sadly love my cigarettes and I did give up a week after finding out I was pregnant,haven't had a smoke
Since June but it is so hard I really do feel for you!

:hugs: keep going it will get easier

thanks girls for all your positive comments, i think i thought people would judge me cause i am so far along. well i am feeling a tad better now, i did go to hospital for monitoring because baby had been very quiet and they found me to be having contractions, i told them i always get braxton hicks like this and have done with my last pregnancies too, but with my history of a prem baby they weren;t taking any chances so they gave me the ffn test and it came back negative, so I am safe for the next 2 weeks they said. but if i get any more pains or any loss, no hanging around and straight back in.

Congrats hun, you should be proud, I haven't had a fag in about 8 or so weeks now, but I know how hard it is to stop, I didn't think I would actually manage it!
Just keep strong, and your nearly through the first week which is certainly the toughest!
XxX

Well done Hun.

I stopped n started. Its hard. So I really applaud u on this xxx

Whilst pregnant I had nearly stopped completely only had the odd crafty one, but now she is here I only have to look at her and I don't need one. Good job and good luck xXxXx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back