Flu - Any remedies?

happy-chick

Reaction score
My hubbys really poorly with flu, it started yesterday morning and he's not been able to get out of bed/sofa since... its actually not his usual 'man-flu' lol! I feel so sorry for him, not much i can do to help either. I've not seen him this poorly in years :(

His symptoms are:
* fever of 39.5
* chills
* muscle aches and pain
* severe headache
* weakness and tiredness
* loss of appetite
* sore throat
* cough
* chest pain

Any magic remedies? Is it worth going to see GP?
Ive read online it usually lasts 7-10 days so we're a bit worried as he doesnt get paid sick pay and we really cant afford to loose money :? Hope he's better soon :( :hug: :hug:

Sounds like what i have jo, Im just taking pain kilers and some vicks medicine, horrible green stuff, hope hes better soon

Not a cure but...

A hot toddy made me feel better when I had it

Its out of the question for me atm though :wall:

Ive only had flu once and by god did i know about it!! Its bloody awful :( I dont think there is a lot you can do tbh just get plenty of bed rest, fluids and sleep it through, and make sure he eats no matter what he says! Other than that TLC and I hope he gets better soon

Yeh i've been making him eat even though he doesnt wanna & he's been resting lots cos got no to energy do much else. Ellie & I have started with the dry cough that he started with on saturday, so REALLY hoping that she doesnt get it cos hubbys been really poorly :? he's going to doctors today.

Thanks for advice xx :hug:

Really is what i have then, i can deal with the rest but its the dry throat and cough that have got to mr. Hope hes better soon poor love!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back