Feel really guilty now

Baileysmummy

Reaction score
Cameron is 4 next month and starts school in september..

I still cannot get him off dummies..

Do you think if i take it off him now in the day im being bad, i have just taken it off him and now hes like i want my nannie.. but i want him to get used to not having one in the day ready for school, bradley isnt allowed his either as i think thats fair..

what would you do, i hate to hear him upset cos he loves it so much but i dont want him to get picked on at school for having one!

I loved mine when i was a kid and couldnt give them up. My mum told me that the dummy fairy took it away and left me a gift and she'd bought me a new toy that i took every where instead :hug:

i took kierons os him the day he started school and told him he was a big boy now and didnt need it, he never asked for it again

I heard so many stories like this that I refused to give Kieran a dummy, and I'm so pleased now, lol. Little bean wont be having a dummy either.

My friend turned it into a game with her daughter and hunted down all the dummies in the house, and left them for the 'dummy fairy'.

I hope you get there in the end :D xxx

My aunt said to her kids that the dummy fairy came and sniped all the dummies, and she snipped them and left them for them to see broken so they had to get used to not having them

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

My OH's mum burnt his dummy to get him off them, and even now he has a natural disgust for black nipples cos they remind him of the burnt dummy - nothing racist its just a burnt dummy thing lol :lol:

But seriously, ive heard the fairy thing many times and it seems like the best idea, mine never had dummies so I cant really advise but good luck with it!

you could try just giving it to him at night for the next few weeks & then gradudually wean him off it throughout this summer before the big day at chool!

Josh had a dummy until the age of 4 :roll: he even had a pink one :roll:
don't make a fuss with him & he won't see it as a big deal.
good luck hun :hug: :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back