I feel guilty

Tara & Liam

Reaction score
DH is having another operation on his wrist on 27 March. i work in a school so this would mean me taking off extra time to look after him and boys. i get compassionate leave but it will only be a few days. so i need 6 days before easter holidays, then i get two weeks, then i will probably need another two weeks at the least, so i am going to go and get a sick note from doctors for stress otherwise i wont get paid, feel guilty but needs must. :(

I always feel guilty about taking time off work, especially as I work for my small family business! I felt especially bad about maternity leave but there comes a point where your OH and children have to come first!

defintately hubby has a big operation and they all come first. plus it will mean that i will get five weeks off school he he. i offered to do the extra time in the six weeks holiday but was refused. i havent mentioned the time after the holidays though, only the beginning.

You know thats a trigger word? Its usually an automatic referral to occupational health through work if you send in a note with stress on it.

Minime said:
You know thats a trigger word? Its usually an automatic referral to occupational health through work if you send in a note with stress on it.

i had to go to occupational health for stress when i worked for the police-
they cant exactly prove that you arent stressed- just say your not eating or sleeping and its making you pysically ill- what can they do?
they deduced that i had an eating disorder even though i didnt i just couldnt keep food down.

occupational health don't do much in the first instance unless it turns into long term sick go for it and dont feel guilty :cheer:

i agree go for it, you family is more improtant. occupational health are usually involved when an employee is stressed because your work should make differences that will aid your recovery, such as possible shift changes etc etc but they cant prove your not stressed!

Good luck for your OH's op and speedy recovery!!

xxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back