Feel like we're going backwards

beckyboo1

Reaction score
Harry used to sleep during the night for a minimum of 3 hours at a go (give or take the odd occasion) and when he fed he'd have a good feed

The last few nights he seems to go for an initial 3 hours then pretty much every 2 hours. But his feeds are a lot shorter around 10 minutes so I know he won't last long as he's not had a big feed

During the day he seems to want feeding more. Could this be a growth spurt (he's 4 weeks) although if it is don't get why he's not having as long on my boob?

It could be, or he could be more efficient at getting the milk out. Tyler goes every 3 hours in the day and only feeds for 10-15 mins generally (but is up every hour at night)

Snap! Evie does 9ish to 1ish then every 2 hours approx. Driving me mad. She used to do 12, 3, 6 which I found more manageable.

Same here, initially 3/4 hours then every 2 on the dot! :(

Sent from my HTC Wildfire S A510e using Tapatalk 2

Argh so frustrating. Harry was same as Evie with his timings and that felt fine.

Last night was even worse. He managed at one stage to just do an four and a half

Ugh need sleep today x

Max usually goes longer initially then every couple of hours, after 4am he just hardly settles at all xxx

Albert went back to his usual spaces last night but the wrong way round lol. 10.30 then 2am and then 8.30. He woke up at 5 but I popped the dummy in and he went back off again, he just wanted a bit of comfort and to know mummy was there. If he's not feeding for very long could this be it too? Have you tried popping a dummy in and just telling him to go back to sleep lol?

my harry goes through phases of sleep too, it sounds like a growth spurt to me, hope he settles down soon. x

It's so difficult not to build up expectations when they do something a few nights on the trot isn't it?

It inevitably ends in disappointment so I try not to do it anymore. Things are so up in the air when they are so little.

He's probably just increasing your supply so he can grow big and strong. Hang in there mummy :)

It's so difficult not to build up expectations when they do something a few nights on the trot isn't it?

It inevitably ends in disappointment so I try not to do it anymore. Things are so up in the air when they are so little.

He's probably just increasing your supply so he can grow big and strong. Hang in there mummy :)

Thanks Hun x not really stressing about it as all I think is I'm so lucky that apart from his mild colic he's a good boy. I remind myself that things could be a lot worse

Like you say just hard- more so cos I got used to sleeping that bit more. Oh well- hubby took him downstairs first thing for 15 hours so felt better after another kip x

I am so jealous of these babies that get fooled by a dummy and go back off to sleep! Evie really couldn't give a damn about them and it hasn't lasted longer than 3 mins in her mouth yet. she just spits it out and keeps on screaming!! Lol

Sounds normal to me too! Kynon has always woken a lot and still does anywhere from 40 mins to 4 hours if Im lucky, some feeds are short and some are long! I think they sometimes just need a little drink like we do in the night and a bit of comfort your still close by :)

I am so jealous of these babies that get fooled by a dummy and go back off to sleep! Evie really couldn't give a damn about them and it hasn't lasted longer than 3 mins in her mouth yet. she just spits it out and keeps on screaming!! Lol

Boys are thick hun. Bertie would suck on a brick if I gave it to him lol

Alyssa hardly ever takes her dummy, you practically have to tape it in

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back