Going backwards :(

clarey

Reaction score
I am sooooo tired, Eva's sleeping is getting worse not better, the last couple of nights she has been waking for a feed every 2-3 hours and this is despite trying to get a bedtime routine going for the last 2 weeks :(

she was managing to go from 11 ish to 4am a couple of weeks ago and i really thought we were getting somewhere :? she isnt sleeping a great deal during the day either, do you think she isnt getting enough milk from me or something? Although she feeds on demand for as long as she wants. Am feeling confused about what I'm doing wrong :(

Hey hun :hug: :hug:

Is it maybe a growth spurt she is having? When she wakes in the night how long does she feed for?

Definite growth spurt! I've just been through the exact same with Luke! He was attached to me allll the time. Don't worry, it'll only last a week or so.

I dont think your doing anything wrong hun, I had the same when I was exclusively breastfeeding Antonio, he would wake every 2.5hrs on the dot near enough, broken sleep is a killer!

Im now formula feeding and he goes 4-5hrs between feeds but id really suggest to keep breastfeeding for as long as you can becuase even formla doesnt always work and ive had nights when Antonio has still woken up frequently.

I think this is just something you have to ride out, there is no magic potion to resolve their sleep pattern. Only a couple more months and they tend to find their own routine and before you know it he/she will be sleeping like a dream :D

Thanks I hope it is just a growth spurt, my poor OH is really struggling having to go to work after so little sleep, its like having a brand newborn again, only she is noisier :lol:
Just feeling a bit frustrated really, nearly all the mums at my postnatal group are bottle feeding and their babies seem to sleep so well, its really tempting to switch but I would be so cross with myself if I did when its just for selfish reasons :? Will hang in there and hope it doesnt last too long! :)

you're doing well.. just keep it up - I was going spare at 2months old - you will get there.

the bottle-fed babes are sleeping? yeah... :think: seems unlikely somehow - me thinks you have been exposed to the "my babe sleeps, eats, speaks, walks earlier and better than yours" a bit earlier than normal :think: I bet they are all just as tired and struggling but not ownign up! :shhh: :hug:

clarey said:
Thanks I hope it is just a growth spurt, my poor OH is really struggling having to go to work after so little sleep, its like having a brand newborn again, only she is noisier :lol:
Just feeling a bit frustrated really, nearly all the mums at my postnatal group are bottle feeding and their babies seem to sleep so well, its really tempting to switch but I would be so cross with myself if I did when its just for selfish reasons :? Will hang in there and hope it doesnt last too long! :)

Dont give up!! If I could still breastfeed I would, I knew I wanted to breastfeed even before i fell pregnant and its heartbreaking that I cant anymore. Like I said, there are still times when my son will wake frequently and he is now formula fed so its not all as rosie as people think it will be. Be strong :D :hug:

No, don't give up! You will be so pleased after the growth spurt is finished that you haven't! Trust me - I KNOW! :D

smile said:
the bottle-fed babes are sleeping? yeah... :think: seems unlikely somehow - me thinks you have been exposed to the "my babe sleeps, eats, speaks, walks earlier and better than yours" a bit earlier than normal :think: I bet they are all just as tired and struggling but not ownign up! :shhh: :hug:

you might be right! also if i think about it Eva is one of the youngest babies so I guess a few more weeks might make all the difference,

thanks for the support, I know im not the only one really, it just feels like it!
I wont give up bfeeding, I just need a damn good sleep :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :D

clarey said:
smile said:

you might be right! also if i think about it Eva is one of the youngest babies so I guess a few more weeks might make all the difference,

thanks for the support, I know im not the only one really, it just feels like it!
I wont give up bfeeding, I just need a damn good sleep :sleep: :sleep: :sleep: :D

a few weeks make all the difference - read this thread again at 3months and you will see what I mean :)

I loved 3months, 4 months is better so far though none of us sleep well yet it gets better enough that you can cope ans start to enjoy it a bit - we had a lie in til 6.30am yesterday and I thought I was in heaven! xx :hug:

lol, 6.30 eh? :cheer:

There was a time when 6.30 didnt even exist for me! and there i was moaning about having to get up in the night when preg - didnt know how easy life was then! :rotfl:
thanks smile :hug:

This is happening to me too :( Roobs is nearly 6 months though :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back