Feel like a terrible mum to be!

allycat

Reaction score
Today me and my OH had a massive row and the things he was saying made me completely lose my temper...I was shouting so loud I went red in the face and they could porobably hear me down the street :oops:

Afterwards I felt movement in my tummy and I'm worried now that I've scared little one by shouting so loudly :( she's been moving about ever since and I kow her hearing's developed enough to have heard me :cry:

Awww don't worry, the baby can hear noises on the outside now but it's really well insulated in there, you won't have done it any damage or anything.

The movement after was just cos she was awake I expect and annoyed at you for disturbing her!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:

I wouldnt worry, the baby can hear you but wont know what was going on :hug: Of course they can pick up on your emotions but there is always going to be days in your pregnancy when you're stressed, upset, angry etc and it cant harm the baby Im sure. After all I doubt anyone has gone the whole 9months in a blissful, non stressed state!!

My OH has made me cry hysterically on occasion since Ive been pregnant and we've rowed too, bubba always wakes up and kicks me hard but I usually look at that as a good thing and it makes me smile! I find I cant stay mad for long with bubba wiggling about so maybe the baby is trying to calm you down! :) :hug:

I shouted up the stairs to my 8 years old yeasterday and I got a couple of kicks as if to say 'Oi leave my brother alone' :rotfl:

I just hope she didn't hear me screaming my head off :cry: poor little one, just hate the thought I might have upset her or scared her in some way! Pregnancy emotions eh? Thanks everyone for the reassurance xxx

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hun, the very fact that you are worrying about it shows that you're a brill mother to be.

As for the shouting - I teach a class of 32 very energetic 9 year olds. I raise my voice on average three or four times a day. If I thought I'd hurt baby I'd quit tomorrow. You'll be fine.

Hope this helps

Sue

Ahhh that's made me feel loads better! I just love little one so much already :D xxx

she was probably sticking up for you hun saying "go on mum give him hell he desserves it!!" she'll be on your side when she comes out too :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back