Feeling like a fraud.

Gem

Reaction score
Has anybody else been in the same situation that I am?

I'm a first time mummy to be, four months pregnant in two days time and I'm just not showing at all.

EVERY single time anybody asks how far along I am and I tell them, the first thing they say is that I don't look it. My boobs are massive but I still have a tiny waist.

I know this probably sounds mad, but I'm beginning to doubt that there is anything in my tummy at all. Has my baby died and stopped growing? I've not felt any movement yet so I just don't know.

What's going on! :(

Hi,

please don't worry about it- everyone develops at different speeds. People have only just (well at about 22 weeks) stopped telling me that I don't show! I really thought I did- my tum felt tight and I felt so different- it has upset me when people have said that I don't look it. My husband says that maybe they think that it's polite to say that- I don't know. Sometimes I don't understand why other women tell us labour horror stories either or say "Hello Fatty" which I got from my sister in law yesterday. Irrational after being annoyed that everyone thought I didn't look big to find this annoying but annoyed and offended I felt!

I think that you would know it if your baby had a problem but if you're still worried do go and see your midwife or phone them up- that is what they're there for- mine keeps telling me that they'd rather I phoned than worried.

+++

Oh Hun, I am sure everything is just fine, from your picture you look like a tiny little thing and am I right in saying this is your first? I was about 16 weeks with my first when I started to show, this time, third time round and a few stones heavier, I look about 6 months gone and I am only just 14 weeks!!! Everyone is so different so don't try to compare yourself to others too much.

If you are at all worried then go to your midwife or GP and hear the heartbeat just to put your mind at rest, I am sure you have no reason to worry yourself so keep your chin up sweetheart.

Much love

Hello!!

My cousin's wife is 24 weeks pregnant, like me and my parents told me she is not showing at all so I do not think you need to worry. If you are really worried, ask your midwife or gp to check the heartbeat of your baby and that will reassure you.
Everybody is different and although I am loving being pregnant and showing ( I only started to show around 15 weeks really) I am worried of all the weight I will have to lose after birth!!!
So remind yourself there will be less pounds to lose in the end and then you never know, you might show suddenly and have a very big belly in the coming weeks :wink:

Nathalie

Hiya Gem

Like the other girls have said - Don't worry about it. Everyone is different and not everyone will have a bump at 12 weeks....I certainly didn't even though I was tiny (Only 5ft tall and 98lbs)...oh those were the days hee hee :lol:

This was me at just over 19 weeks - Hardly showing! - I didn't feel definite movement until 18wks, so it's still early days yet!

19wks2bump3.jpg

You'll be making up for it soon enough and wishing you were'nt so big! lol :lol: - I'm now 35wks, feeling massive and 24lbs heavier!

Hi Rachael...

I'm 18 weeks and actually starting to show quite a bit at this stage, at least I think so, and people are still telling me I look tiny!

However, if you are four months, you have to remember that at 16 weeks the baby is only about 6 inches long. My baby had a cranial diameter of just an inch when I was 15 weeks on! I was amazed that the little tiny head had a fully developed brain inside!

You are bound not to show...I am a heavy enough sort of gal and apart from a wee "spare tyre" that I had before I was preggie, people didn't notice until recently and I STILL have to stick my belly out.

Plus I seem to be bigger some days than others, which is strange. yesterday I felt all big and bloated and uncomfy, today I was skipping around rocks at the seaside without a care!

Sure you look wonderful, whatever your size!

Sue

Everyone thought I was quite small for awhile, then I blew up towards the end! :shock:

Week 18
Week181.jpg

Week 41(yep I went over :roll: )
Week-41-2.jpg

Also, I first felt tiny movements at around 18 weeks and some people start feeling first movements around 22 weeks, so give it some time. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back