Feel let down by midwife

beth3735

Reaction score
My midwife was well and truely useless. She muttered when she did my booking in, SHe spoke to herself about what was going on. I couldnt understand anything she said because of this.

She put wrong stickers on my blood forms and scan request form. She told me they were fine so i went for my bloods ( which i hate ) I had a phone call off hospital to tell me that the forms were incorrect anf have been returned to my midwifes home, She is away till next wednesday. My bloods have been thrown as they had insufficient forms to go with.

I feel like i would move drs to just get away from such a midwife that cant even get these simple things right.

Well im definatly not going to get a scan date for a couple of weeks, Im already 11+1 today and would of liked a scan around the time everyone else has them.

It has really wound me up as I just want answers but dont know who can answer them for me.

Sorry rant over :oops: :cry:

when did you want a scan for? i thought around 12 weeks was the norm.

if you're not happy with her and how she dealt with you phone her up and tell her. :hug:

I wanted a scan for between 12 -13 weeks really, But because they didnt have the correct form they cannot get anything booked. I cannot speak to my midwife till she is back off hols which is when i will be 12 weeks, She will then send me back for more bloods :cry: and i will put the scan request form in.
This means i wont get a scan for at least a couple of weeks once the request form is in, so i will be looking at being around 14 weeks when i get my scan. I really wanted a 12 week one for reassurance.

Im scared to say anything as i know i have no other choice, other than register elsewhere.

Is she the only midwife available? If not, then you might be able to ask to swap. I certainly think you should let someone know that you are not happy about the treatment you have received. If she is this useless with simple form-filling, then goodness knows what that says about her abilities in everything else.

beth3735 said:
I wanted a scan for between 12 -13 weeks really, But because they didnt have the correct form they cannot get anything booked. I cannot speak to my midwife till she is back off hols which is when i will be 12 weeks, She will then send me back for more bloods :cry: and i will put the scan request form in.
This means i wont get a scan for at least a couple of weeks once the request form is in, so i will be looking at being around 14 weeks when i get my scan. I really wanted a 12 week one for reassurance.

Im scared to say anything as i know i have no other choice, other than register elsewhere.

my midwofe could book me one right there and then when i went. phone her and tell her you're worried and want an earlier scan. she should be understanding .

You should let your midwife know how you feel. You are going to be looked after her for a long time yet. :hug: and hope you get it sorted soon.

Omg all i want to do is cry :cry: I have just had my 2nd lot of bloods done whopee do, ANyway that have now found a urine infection. I feel really dirty and im not sure why i have got it. They said its because being pregnant your bladder is full that sometimes you never empty it fully which gives bacteria time to breed

I feel really down now and that this pregnancy is cursed. I just want to cry :(

Nothing dirty about a UTI (urinary tract infection). Its sooo common in pregnancy. My sister in law was prone to them and had four during her pregnancy, she seemed to always be on antibiotics. I had one at 5 weeks and my close friend has one now at 24 weeks. Please dont berate yourself you've done nothing wrong at all. Just drink loads of water!

What you need to do is get a midwife who your comfortable with, who will answer your questions and will pay attention to you and give you all the care and treatment you need! Best of luck hun xx

I just has a call from 'Lindsay' in a stroppy voice because i should know who she is , who's Lindsay?? Oh turns out the midwife! Like i knew that i've never met her, she just called to say that although i complained about my booking in appointment being when i'm 14 weeks its pretty much tough and she cant do a thing about it! :evil: But she can book me a scan (which i've already had the appointment for) then gets stroppy cos the hopsital have beaten her to it. Honestly she was a right stroppy mare and i am not looking forward to seeing her at all.

The midwife i had last time before we moved was so lovely and now i have a stroppy mare! What have i done wrong to her? Nothing i havent met her!!!!!

The NHS is seriously lacking in Hampshire.

Aww its a nightmare when ur midwife is moody. I know what you mean about NHS in Hampshire. I was pregnant with both my girls down in Gosport in Hampshire. I got passed from pillar to post, I had a dozen of different midwives too. St marys hospital in Portsmouth felt really dirty too me and uncared for.
I had my girls in somerset. Luckily my mum and dad live in somerset and my hubby was travelling in the Navy so i was allowed to live with them while heavily preg and registered with a lovely midwife both time. The hospitals there were lovely.

Well i wish you luck for your first midwife appointment, Rather you than me by the sounds of your midwife :rotfl:

I know what you mean my firend had hers in pompey hospital and she said it was filthy too.

Another point on my pro's for homebirth...... i've cleaned my house... :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back