Feeding times!

cherelle

Reaction score
Just wondering how often everyones little ones are feeding?

Ifan has approx 4 oz (or breast) every 2 hours! Ive tried getting him to drink more and go longer between feeds but hes not having it! Every 2 hours day and night is very tiring! We thought it was a growth spurt but hes been the same for over 2 weeks now - anyone have/had the same? x

Up until my LO was about 4/5 months old she would need to be fed every 2 - 2.5 hours. She was a little and often baby too. It will eventually be longer gaps but some babies just dont like to go long between feeds. It does get better after the first few months though :)

yes hun i had this with lucy up until she was about 8 weeks. i was breastfeeding and felt i couldnt satisfy her. i often had to top her up with formula. i then went onto formula full time and she was much happier (not that this is what im suggesting you do). have you plenty of breastmilk?? is she comforting on booor is she feeding? sorry not much help i know and i really sympathise as its so tiring but you will get there. maybe baby is just very hungry? xx

Jack's a little and often baby too!

He has 2-2.5oz every 2.5-3hrs. He's been the same since birth with only 1 day last week when he did 3oz all day and I finally thought he'd start drinking more but no he's back to the 2oz! He's gaining weight though so i'm not concerned! :) x

I breastfeed and also bottle feed him as well... What I do is I breastfeed first than wait for little than bottle feed as well. My baby is too hungry this way gain him few weight on last time midwife weight time he put bit weight orn.

yeah he has breast and bottle and always drinks untill he wont drink anymore he i know hes getting enough. Plus hes gone from 8lbs9 to 11lbs1 in 2 weeks so hes put a lot of weight on but his feeding habits havent changed! x

Hey,
Yes unfortunately my LO was the same, he still is during the day but thankfully not at night. He started of on 10mls a time in NICU then he went up in volumes gradually, he was stuck on 2-3oz for ages which meant he wanted feeding every 2 and half hours!!! We are now at 5oz at a time, which isn't much considering hes over 5 months old. But hes def alot better than he used to be... so there is a small light at the end of the tunnel chick :):dance:!! xxx

Last edited:
Dale is 4 weeks 2moro an has just started takin 5 oz but never quite finishes the bottle he feeds 3-4 hours apart but gies 5 hours during the night x

for the first few months my lo was constantly on my boob & then when he was on formula he was on between 3oz-4oz every 3 hours day and night! i think its pretty normal!and at his age his belly is still tiny! sorry if im not much help but just so you know you're not alone, and as he gets bigger and older he will gradually go longer inbewteen feeds. my lo has only just stopped his night feed about a month ago!!!! zzzzz exhausting!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back