Feeding routines??????

fayebalina

Reaction score
Hi ladies of wisdom.
Ashtyn is now 5 weeks and seems to be feeding ALL the time, Ive been demand feeding as reccomended by mw, hv, and books but I want to start getting him in a routine......Is it too early?
If anyone has any advice or tips it would be greatly appriciated!
Im breastfeeding by the way!
xxxxxxxxx Faye xxxxxxxxxxxx

I don't think it's ever too early to TRY and get your baby into a routine as long as you don't mind if it doesn't work straight away.

I had Phoebe in a feeding and sleeping routine by 6weeks and she was sleeping through by 7weeks.

She no longer sleeps through (wakes once) but I think this is pretty normal as she is just starting on her solids and will soon be teathing :roll:

Give it a go. :D

It's all trial and error this Mummy lark :wall:

If you're organised (I'm not!) maybe start by writing down when she has naps and when she feeds. She might be pointing herself towards a routine that you haven't noticed.
It took my weeks to realise Brody has a nap every day at around 10am.

I tried to get Ella into a routine during the day but ended up reverting to demand feeding, it just didn't work after a couple of great days. Now she's older she's fallen into her own routine. She'll feed every 2-4 hours during the day (typically has 5-6 feeds), we'll bath her at 7-7.30pm she'll take a massive expressed feed of about 10oz then go down at 9 and sleep for 11-12 hours.

Your supply still hasn't adjusted to what your baby needs - the books say 6-8 weeks for me it wasn't until 10 weeks. People told me to give it time and I though 'it's alright for them!' ;) But it's true! If you find he's just comfort feeding then try a dummy. Ella rarely has hers now but it really helped me a few weeks ago :)

Yea hes had a dummy since 3 weeks..........it was actually recomended by the mw as she saw what he was like and was confident he was well established with breastfeeding.
I didnt realise that about the milk supply........least i know im not drying up!
And as from tomorrow ill start writing down his routine
thanks girlies!

I didn't realise about my supply either - I went for weeks panicking that I didn't have enough milk, she wasn't getting enough etc. But for about the past month things have been great and that thought has never entered my mind.

I just noticed I put she not he, sorry I do that all the time LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back