Formula Feeding advice

Maybe_mummy

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

My LO is currently 4 days old shes so cute :) should I be trying to get her into some routine or is it far too early? Should I be feeding when she wants shes not very demanding to be honest so far. She was sort of following a bit of a pattern in realtion to feeding but yesterday slept most of the day and we had to wake her (which was hard work) and then was awake during the night but she seemed very constipated and also weed a lot as she was taking some massive feeds 3 x 3oz which worried me as one led to her protectile vomiting. Of the other 3 nights shes seemed ok just taking her bottle then back down.

Do i just keep on demand feeding till shes a little older and bigger she was born at 37 weeks and is currently 6 pounds loosing 5oz from her orginal birth weight.

Thanks XX

Demand feed she's still very little I think they say 6 weeks to establish a routine x

Sent from my BlackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

We fed on demand for the first week or so but she seemed to fall into a four hour feeding pattern quite quickly. We didn't wake her for night feeds if she slept, she was 9lb 14oz so as long as she wasn't hungry at nights we didnt feel the need to wake her.

I think to start with your LO will let you know when they need to be fed and eventually they just find a pattern of their own.

Congratulations btw!

xx

I would demand feed Hun make sure she isn't going longer than 4 hrs in the day though . If she is falling asleep during feeds try a faster flow teat think mw told me they shouldn't take more than half an hr to take a feed cxx

Just go with the flow and enjoy your newborn! I didn't start Jack in a routine until he was 6 months old! I wanted to enjoy him before I got strict! :) x

What makes me worry is she is taking food roughly every four hours during the day then at night she takes huges feeds but then cant keep them down and as per last night projectile vomitted everywhere but then wanted more, Im frightened Im over feeding her obviously due to the sickness. She has hiccups a lot too but HV said thats normal and they will go. Also from birth she was fed room temperature milk which is what we gve her during the day but at night I warm the milk up can this have something to do with it?

Last edited:
Maybe she's just guzzling it down, Charlie was the.same. was it a quick.birth? Charlie was pushed out in 5 pushes and the hv said he didn't get change to get rid of all the gunk in their tummy, it usually gets squeezed out as they come through the cervix, hut he stupor had it in his tummy so in a way it was a good thing that he was being sick cause he was getting it all up and out. Of you're worried speak to hv or doctor, better safe than.sorry and you know your baba better than anyone else :) xx

I was told if it goes more than 4hrs to wake my LO up for a feed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back