Feeding advice please

twinkle84

Reaction score
My LO goes happily 3 half to four hours between feeds on the bottle. He usually has his last feed at 11pm ish and sleeps until 7ish. But for some reason he has just started after his feed at 7ish being hungry again at 9ish. Hes rooting and crabby and I just know his hunger signs. I can make him wait with a dummy and lots of nursing and walking up and down, but am i doing the right thing? If i do feed him at 9pm, im sure he will be up at 3am and I know i must sound selfish, but 7am is so much better! I could feed him again at 11 and he would probably take it, but is that too many feeds? thanks xx

Layla is going through the same phaze, last bottle is midnight n then sleeps til 8am, but is hungry n crabby about 10ish,

my health visitor said they can have 2- 2 1/2 times there body weight in bottles, so if ur lil boys 10lb, he can have 20- 25oz per day,

what formula are u using?
were on aptimil n she has 5oz every 4 hours, cos im making her wait the time, but going to get her weighed 2mo so will ask HV what she recommends!

xx

Oh I didnt know that, thanks for that. I reckon he must just want to be stocking up. He is 6 weeks, 11lbs and I use aptimal also. He takes 5 and half oz every 4 hours because I make him wait also. The box says 5oz but last wk he started getting crabby and didnt seem full so I fill the bottle to 6oz and he usually takes 5 and half. xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back