Night time routine . . . again!

twinkle84

Reaction score
Sorry to bring this up . . . again, but my 9 wk old goes to sleep on and off from 9pm and finally settled at midnight after his feed and sleeps until 8am. He has his feed then is tired and goes back until half 10 11ish. Now im not a routine nut and it suits me the lay in in the morn, but im thinking it needs switching around really so that he does a few hours in the evening - a feed - long sleep and is then ready to get up at 8am ish. Hope this makes sense? its how i go about this change! He settles himself after his late feed and wakes at 8am babbling at first then a cry for his bottle, but when i try and put him to bed at 9ish he will only have an hour and waking up screaming for cuddles and doesnt settle back until after the late feed! Any advice? xx

The only only advice I can give is perservere. He's probably just stuck into a habit. Keep doing what yourdoing and he should soon get the hang of staying settled after 9. Sorry I'm not much help hun xx

not much help at all because my baby is nowhere near sleeping through- most he has ever done is 4 hours but my health visitor insists that babys go through the night when their ready and proactively supports letting the baby do what they want at night times! easier for them to say when they arent the one up and down all night eh! xx

12 - 8 is fantastic at 9 weeks old :dance:

As the saying goes, if it aint broke dont try and fix it :) By trying to change his routine at such a young age you could mess up any routine he has naturally found, so I would stick to how it is atm. I know its tough not getting to sleep yourself until late, but it wont be long before he is sleepy earlier :)

think im gonna have a similar problem to you, even though Sofia is only 6 days old she likes to sleep from about 2am til 5am, feed, back down til like 11! ideally id like her to be awake from about 8 too, its handy at the moment cos i go off and have a shower and get myself sorted, but when she is older it may become an issue! x

he does exaclty what Campbell does... I dont see you have a problem there to be honest. He wakes at 8 and you said he feeds and goes back to sleep? Just dont let him sleep until at least nine. Try your best to keep him up and play and then let him sleep a little later. xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back