Fed up :(

kanga86

Reaction score
Sorry about the self indulgent moany thread, but I am so fed up of feeling sick again, been feeling so rough since wednesday evening with no let up yet! I have had ms on and off since 5 weeks, with it being really bad until 19 weeks. Since then it has only been occasional and I have been able to carry on as normal.

Then the dreaded heartburn started :( suffered for a few weeks with gaviscon etc not working and 5 weeks ago I was prescribed omeprazole which have worked wonders until I was given a different brand last week. They are still omeprazole 20mg, but a different box and tablet colour. First ones were all white and now I have half purple half grey ones. Not sure if this is the reason they aren't working but since Wednesday evening I have felt so sick and heartburny and it is really getting me down.

I am so miserable to my DH which is unfair cos he is being absolutely lovely especially as I started feeling ill on our honeymoon holiday :(

Not really sure of the point of this post other than to get my feelings out as sat crying to myself for feeling so bleurgh!! Is it worth phoning the docs tomorrow and enquiring about the change in tablets? Could these new ones not be working? Xxx

Hugs sweetie. I know how your feeling. It's miserable!! My sickness is back too. In fact was up all night being sick last night and haven't even got dressed today.

Is say definitely speak to your gp. There's another type called Ranitidine which you could maybe try. I have heard its really good stuff. Maybe it could be the brand change or maybe you have just gotten used to it.

Give the doctors a call, it can't hurt. Not long now. Can't wait to feel normal again!

I know tell me about it! This last 8 months have been the worst ever, but knowing I get to meet my lil man soon does make up for it.

Luckily I haven't been sick again yet, but had a few heaving sessions over the loo which weren't nice either. I'm just glad I don't have the stress of work added to it anymore. Knowing that if I'm still rough tomorrow, I can just stay in my pjs and chill out in front of the tv.

Hope u feel better soon too :hugs: xx

Sorry ur havin such a rough time hun. I'd definitely talk to ur gp at least then she can put ur mind at rest if it is/isn't the tablets. Least u get to see ur little man in a matter of weeks which is something to look forward to when your feeling crappy! Hope u start to feel better soon xxxx

Sorry you're feeling rough hun, my SIL is exactly the same and I really feel for her. I'd go back to your gp and question your tablets, worth a shot. Like you say though it won't be long until you're holding your little man and then it'll all be worth it. I don't know about you but the thought of actually having my little man excites and at the same time terrifies the life out of me all at the same time! xxx

Hope your feeling a bit better this morning, always worth talking to MW/DR if your not feeling that great at least they can offer some comfort or advice? Take care x

Thank u everyone! Ok for now this morning, but it usually creeps in through the day. Might see how I go today and phone the docs tomorrow if I'm rough again.

Taffy I am so excited to meet lil roo but so nervous about how to look after him! The labour side of things isn't worrying yet though. I have been so worried and sick through the pregnancy that I just can't wait for it to be over and have him in my arms. Still feels like far too long to wait!! Xx

Hey kanga, sorry you are not feeling so good again :(
I can't see tickers on my phone but it shouldn't be long now for you until you meet little Roo :hug:

Hey Hope, I am now 35 weeks, so only 35 days til due date! Xx

Oh my!!!!! 34 days or 2 more weeks lol!!!!!! Oh I can't wait to meet your little bean. How scary though to be so close!!! At least really soon roo will be in your cuddle :love:

Sorry to hear you have been feelig rough :hug: hope today is a better xx

Today has been alot better thank u, feeling ok so far. Xx

Glad you are feeling better today Kanga, just think not that long to go and you will have Little Roo to brighten your day....

Hope you get some meds that work or find a solution to end it all!! xx

Re Omeprazole, I have been taking it for a very long time and had to during pregnancy too. It's way better than ranitadine IMO. Up until recently I had never heard of different brands not being as effective however DH was at the GPs the other week and overheard a conversation with someone asking that the doc prescribe a certain brand for the same reason you were saying. The docs basically said that all they can do is prescribe the medicine but the brand provided is down to the pharmacy and where they get their stock from. So if you want a particular brand you'd have to ring around the local chemists to see what they had. We did a search on this and found some hits with people saying the same as you. I have the grey/blue ones at the moment and they work for me but for some people it does seem to make a difference. Just thought I'd post to say you're not going mad and it may be worth you searching out your preferred brand. Hope you feel better soon. Not long to go eeeeeee!

Using Tapatalk can't see no tickers grrrrr.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back