Fed up of being paranoid

Lilelephant

Reaction score
So since last night I haven't felt Babba I know at my stage it is normal not to feel LO everyday but it scares the shit out of me! I dot really tell Oh cos he would freak out too! I am just not enjoying pregnancy at all been so worried all the way thru I can't ring mw for reassurance as she told me not to bother her to atleast 28 weeks :-( I feel a Bit alone tbh! I teary all the time and am finding it hard to sleep thru worry (pain doesn't help mind) I also read that codine can cause cleft palate and u have had to take it regulary since 8weeks :-( will they pick it up at 20 week scan?
I just want dec to cone and baby here safe and sound

hun this is happeneing to me too, it will go a day or so sometimes and then...there he is again having a good old kick! i would try not to worry.

also, i dont' know if they routinely tell you but when we have our scans the doctor shows us around our baby so 'here's his foot' 'here's his back' etc and last time he showed us his mouth and actually said no cleft palate so ask to see it hun xxx

Ok thanks hunnie I will I feel really mad that no one told me that codine can do that. Gonna be so nervous for scan now :-(

Hopefully the risk of cleft pallet is small and ur baby won't have it, but ask at scan to see if they can tell I'm sure they can see most things at 20 weeks. I understand why ur annoyed they didn't tell u that though. I know what u mean about worry though Hun just wish I could enjoy my pregnancy. But with the spotting and the fact they keep pointing out all the risks to me doesn't help. When u feel them
Kick then not for a day or so ur bound to feel nervous even though they say it's normal. Think il be a wreck all the way through! Roll on Xmas! X

Re the cleft palate this runs in my family and I asked them to check but they said it depends on the position of baby as the palete is internal so sometimes gets a little bit awkward to see...

Fingers crossed it will all be ok...xxx

aw i shouldn worry about the kicks i think your lucky to be experiencing them so early. Dont forget when your busy and not concentrating baby will not likely kick but you wont notice. Not sure on the cleft palet but even if baby did have it its really easy to fix these days my friends baby had it and he looks like he never had it now

Thanks everyone am gonna get then to see if they can check at Scan on Wednesday. I am not gonna take anymore codine and as far as baby goes I used my Doppler to reassure myself and as soon as I switched it on baby moved he he! Hb was v strong so I guess it is just in silly position

Aww good...my little man as quiet spells too thats why Im glad I got my doppler as back up...sometimes I cant hear his HB but can hear him moving!! lol xx

It's sofunny isn't it sounds like they r crashing around

They did check for cleft lip at my 20 week scan, along with a long list of other things. If they couldn't see something, they came back to it later. Hope it all goes well for you. X

You are not alone, I am still worrying every day is bubs is quiet for some reason. I guess the worry never goes, its part of being a mum. Its totally normal to worry though, I wish I didnt but dont feel like its just you.

Its not nice of your mw to tell you not to bother her.
You can ask to check for cleft palette at 20 wk scan, I think they checked for it as she was looking at his face/lips etc

I know they check for cleft lip as my scan report said no visible cleft but I dont think they routinely check the palete :( x

Yeah do cos baby might be in a position to check :) Im sure it will be fine hun...when I was pregnant with my boy the doc prescribed my a high dose of ibuprofen when he shouldnt have but everything was fine :)

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back