scared/ paranoid

nikkijane

Reaction score
im 18weeks 6days pregnant and i still havent felt my baby move. i thought i felt it about 17weeks but then nothing since then. this is my 2nd baby and im sure with my first i could feel it by now.
im also not showing as much as i did with my first. i feel like im not growing at all. ive had a really stressful pregnancy so far and im soo scared that ive hurt my baby.
i called the maternity unit today but they basically said that unless i was in pain or bleeding that i shouldnt come in.
i know im probably just paranoid. does anyone else feel like this? xxx

Try not to worry too much over it, alot easier said then done I know, but if everything was fine at your 12 week scan then you have no need to worry about it all :) plus you'll be having your 20 week scan very soon won't you!

Do you have a doppler? I find they can be very reassuring if you're ever worried :hugs:

i know, im trying to not get carried away with my worries. its just soo hard sometimes because im on my own so i get worried and have no one here to talk to or that can rationalise with me, lol.

my 20 week scan is a week on tues. i cant wait. it feels like the time is dragging in though.

i dont have a doppler no. would like one but im totally skint as im on my own as i had to kick my husband out and im having to replace the things he took when he left, and obv start saving for the baby.

xxx

It's understandable that you'll worry, but everything should be absolutely fine! If you feel well and your 12 week scan went well, then you don't have a true reason to worry, so try your best to think positive about it all.
Not showing doesn't mean something is wrong. I didn't show until I was at least 20 weeks, and it's different for everyone. There's a lady in my antenatal class who's 2 weeks ahead of me and she honestly is less than half the size of me - unbelievable!

Just try and look forward to your 20 week scan - you can finally see you LO again and get that extra reassurance that all is fine with him/her!

As for everything else - this forum is a great place to get advice, vent your anger etc.. so use it at your leisure!
Lots of lovely ladies on here who are willing to listen!

:hugs:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back