fed up!!!!

Hi Everyone,

Sorry Hayley I meant to post on here yesterday to say how sorry I am you are feeling so crap and that OH was being a pants partner!!! Sometimes they really do need a kick up the ar*e and a re-education about what it takes to be a sensitive loving and supportive partner!! Especially when we are pregnant and feeling shitty most of the time!

Anyway I hope all is well now and you are feeling your usual chipper self.. not like you to be down but hey we all have moments when we just cannot see the wood for the trees - god I feel like that most days!

I too am very lonely at times, we moved here 2 years ago and don't know many people.. I work with blokes [fuckwits at the best of times!] and therfore have no female friends around [which is why I am on here venting so often!!] my family all live 3 hours away and most of my friends are scattered across the world... I think it makes us more vulnerable and more reliable on our OH's so their insensitivity can really cut deep...

take care hun and we are here for the venting / ranting anytime!
xxx

Sarah.. what you say about needing help when babba arrives worries me too... I think it will be a very lonely and difficult time.. hopefully I will meet other mums to be / new mums at classes too.... x

Hi Anne Marie

You do get used to having a baby around really quickly, but the difficulty of the first few weeks is that you are extremely tired at the same time as being on the steepest learning curve you have ever known and this can be very overwhelming.

I was very shocked when I realiased that I struggled to even go to the loo without having to rush back to my screaming baby. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

You do get organised amazingly quiclky but you do need adults around you constantly for the first few months so that you can laugh things off and talk about other things. Well I did anyway. Baby care is sooooooo much easier when it is shared.

where are you from anne marie?

I am really hoping to meet some mums to be at my ante-natal classes, I really would like some friends that new what it is like to be pregnant/be a new mum... my friends are all CLUBBIN CLUBBING CLUBBIN!! :roll:

xxx

Sarah - some of my friends who have recently had children say exactly the same thing.. unfortunately they all live abroad so won't be seeing them very often.. I am quite used to my own company.. I am soon to be 37 and gave up the pub & club scene when I left London 4 years ago.. don't miss it at all!!

Hopefully I will be able to get into the car with bubba and dog and go explore.. who knows what may happen but I expect I will be too busy to worry about it too much.

My sister in law said with her first child some days she did not shower cos she was too afraid to leave her baby for 5 mins... now that is crazy... my bubba will be in her crib on bathroom floor if needs be!! :shakehead:

Hi Hayley

How you feeling now?

I also get very lonely as my DH is a workaholic so I totally understand. Have you tried having a chat with him again?

Hiya,
I'm in Oz and literally have nobady apart from OH who works shifts, all i can say is if you haven't got help dont make things harder for yourselves.

For example as much as you want to nurse your gorgeous bubs dont do it, i literally fed Abi then put her back in her chair from when she came out of hospital and i have never had a day where i haven't been able to bath or shower she's certainly not a clingy baby, i also prepare our meals then feed Abi then eat our meals as this way she has just eaten so is normally happy and we get to eat our meal in peace haven't had to many disturbed meals :) also put them to bed awake they'll soon learn to go to sleep on there own, it makes life easier.

Also when mt OH got in from work i would have an hour or two sleep whilst he looked after Abi this way i had proper sleep as apposed to mummy sleep - you'll know what this is when bubs arrives basically you never go into a really deep sleep even after a few beers and you hear every noise baby makes lol.

Good luck hope my advice helps :) i've suprised myself by coping on my own but cant wait to return to uk in 6 weeks :dance:

I think I am a bit wierd because I still go into very deep sleep.

One night baby and I both slept solidly for over eight hours and I didn't stir at all.

Apparently (according to DH) samuel was grunting a lot and I didn't even hear him!

I am such a bad mummy!

Hi all

i'm feeling much better - thanks for asking! i was just having a hormonal pregnant moment.. I sat down with DH on monday nite and tried to explain that i need him more than his work, his family (mum, sister, grown up children) i tried to explain that for all my life (well from about 16) i've looked in the mirrow to check i looked okay! (even when i was a sz 8) it's about being a woman! now all of a sudden my body is changing at a speed i can't keep up with....my brain is not taking it in as well as it should be!!! I hate to sound vain (i'm really not) ... but i believe its a mental thing... if i'd put weight on gradually over years i'd be able to mentally cope but my body has changed so much in just 10 weeks.... as every other pregnant woman... i knew these changes would happen but i didn't expect the hormones that come with it... i'm a happy go lucky kind of person.. i don't let things bother me... but last weekend was a killer...

Anyway he still doesn't understand but i've picked myself up...

I don't live miles and miles away from family and friends... I'd say a 20 to 30 min drive away from most people... not far i know but i'm so used to living in the next road to my parents and 10 mins from friends.... My mum is taking a week off work when the baby is born to be with me... as DH can't take much time off... he'll be able to take odd days off...

My friends all have childen so i'll be able to go visiting them...
x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back