Fed up now :(

JoJo79

Reaction score
Posted a few weeks ago that my section scar was infected, was put onto 2 lots of tablets 1 antibiotic and 1 anti bacterial...

That was over 3 weeks ago, well ive still got the infection, have just finished my 3rd lot of anitbiotics and its still no better :(

Turns out its not actually my wound thats infected oddly enough its above it and looks more like an ulcer, its quite deep too, the nurse said shes never seen anything like it before!

Been having to have salt baths every night and dh has has to poke an iodine patch into hole and then put another dressing on top, everyday aswell

Due to see nurse again on wed, but its not really improving at all suppose on the plus side its not actually getting any worse either,

Really dont know what the next step is to sort this out, was told it will take a long time to heal and it will leave a scar too,

Oh and if that wasnt bad enough the nurse told me my section scar is unusually large and rather badly stitched back together, its not straight and looks a bit of a mess tbh,

Also found an ingrowing stitch yesterday too, darent pull it so hoping the nurse will snip it when i see her.

Not really expecting replies ladies just had to write this down im so down about it its unreal :( xx

Oh huni :hugs:

Don't know what to say but didn't want to read and run.
I didn't have a section but I did have an episotomy and it took ages to heal.
All I can say is it will heal in time but healing after giving birth can be a horrible slow process.
Really hope you feel better soon. Xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back