Favouritism

Eveadel

Reaction score
Hope Ive spelt it right??

Im worried that if I have another baby that my mum will favour Isabella. My mum absolutely adores her and has already said to me 'I dont know how I will be'.

How can you deal with it??

hi nicki,
my mum has 4 grandchildren (3 are my brothers and 1 is mine). connor was her first grandchild and even though she doesnt seem to think so, she does favour him over all the other grandchildren. Not that she loves them any less its just that i guess the first grandchild will always be special because they were the first, plus he's the only boy so make him that little bit more special.

Your mum wont love the new baby any less, she'll just love it just as much but will love the different parts of both the childrens personality. just wait unitll the baby gets here it will be love at first sight for your mum :D .

Thanks little Red - no baby on the way yet but its something that does worry me.

My sis had her little girl 10 weeks before Ruby, and mum defo favours my niece, she constantly says how wonderful and clever she is...I will be talking about Ruby, and she will say "Oh, Olivia did this" or "Olivia did that", and say "Isnt Olivia the most beautiful thing in the world" :shock: I have to bite my toungue sometimes as I want to say "Erm, no mum, Ruby is the most beautiful, clever girl" but I dont...It used to make me really mad but I am relaxing more now, she doesnt do it on purpose and I dont think she realises she does it...

My mum is doing the same thing she is all over Sophie takes her all the time and hardly ever takes Alastair, my oh says we should stop my mum taken Sophie but i cant bring myself to be cruel to her like that, its awful watching how all over Sophie she is.

Alastair is one of the cutest babies ever why doesnt she want him?????

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back