Favouritism

Dee1985

Reaction score
Hi my mother in law is really starting to get to me now!!!!

Dior is one and when i was preg with her i got to 12weeks and she got Dior so much.. clothes and toys and loads.. she used to call me all the time always ask about the baby, well now im preg again she dont mention the baby she hasnt brought him any thing. so for a joke kris said to her infront of me
"mum u are going to love the lil boy as much as Dior aint u?"

and oh my god... she sed

"No. she is my lil darling and my first grandchild and i don t like the choice of boy clothes!!!"""

omg i wanted to punch her, she is being unfair isnt she???
or is she right to favorate Dior?

how could i say sumthing to her?

i would have gone ape sh*t at her both your children will be equal dior oldest and a girl yes but your little boy will be the youngest and if has your OH surname will carry the name on :D if anyone treats the twins different from B i will go mental they will all be as special as each other

grannies always love their 1st grand child more... dans sister is pregnant, but gran recons she still going to fuss over alana the most.

we will see, i rather she didnt as i like buying things for alana, the odd gift is ok but when people try anf buy every thing for you, annoys me a little bit

hi

Oh my she isnt very nice at all i would of said somthing all kids should be treated equal, ive seen it with parents own kids as well. /my sis was the first and my bro the only boy so me being in the middle ive always been left out and the others spoiled. I would definetly try and talk to them cuz when he gets over he will feel very left out.
Hope you work somthing out.
katrina

Is Kris an only child. That would make sense as maybe she has a 'one person at a time' mentality. Pretty shitty thing to say to you though.

I have a little brother and sister who are 3 and 6, the youngest my sister has always been my nana's favourite to the point she would buy a pressie for ellie but nothing for josh, she would tell josh he couldnt do something then let ellie do it.

but, since carey been here ellie hasnt had a look in. she completely ignors ellie and josh and only paid attention to carey!!
its horrible to see the hurt on ellies face when nana ignores her and fusses over carey, it makes me feel guilty for some reason!
the only thing i can do to help ellie feel more involved is when my nana is round i let ellie do more things with Carey - she forgets my nanas there and it keeps her happy! :d

i suppose its different because careys her first grandchild thats a boy but still the same sort of situation. She will probaly be different once she lays eyes on him!

oh's mum has got 5 grandsons and when i got pg with hannah she said i am available to baby sit if it's a girl and all the time i was pg all she kept saying was how is my grand daughter, and it's not coming in this house if it's another boy i was soooo mad well she has'nt seen to much of hannah since born because i have kept her away as much as possible and then she had the cheek to think she was having her when i went back to work but i upset her the other day by telling her i was'nt going back

Naomi is my Dad's first grandchild. It's sometimes embarrassing the way he calls in and always has some little knick knack, like a wee jacket or a book or a blanket. He'll spoil her totally before she's a year old! Mind you some of his gifts won't fit her till she's four!*L*

I sometimes wonder if he will fuss as much if and when we have another but I won't worry. I think it's like your own kids...the first is photographed if it so much as farts (sorry) and the fourth is ignored completely and there isn't a single picture in the album*L*

Sue

yes laura kris is an only child, his mum is driving me up the wall she looks after Dior on a tues when i work and the other 2days i pay a child minder. i hate dior going there his mum is soooo childish she trys to make me jealous...( which works) she claimed when Dior was 3months old she walked for her nana and says nana nana. and after 10hrs work i go pick Dior up she crys lol i think she is so upset she aint seen me allday and then kris mum will say,
"god she aint cryed once today untill she sees u"?

urghhh and my daughter always stinks of smoke when she has been with her although his mum swears to not smoke rouind her!!!!

well i feel better now its of my cheast lol

but its kris mum so i have to give and take i suppose!

but if my son gets pushed out i will just speak up il have too!!!

Dionne,
It sounded as though Kris was a only child. His mum is probably not used to the idea of giving love to more than one at a time. As mums we probably think how can we lovemore than 1 baby but we know that we will because we are the mums but for grans and papas it must be like, what If I dont love this baby as much. That probably sounds like a load of crap but I would try to feel sorry for her as she sounds as though she has problems. She sounds insecure, telling you dior only cries when you come home and that she walked at 3 months. She needs to tell you these fabricated things to make herself feel better about dior going home.
This is what worries me about grandparent who watch their grandchildren, the emotional bond is quite strong but they know they arent the parent.
The end

yh i suppose that is the senible way to look at it...

thank u x x

i just feel sorry for the strange woman now then rather then want to fight her lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back