Father Christmas

evajo

Reaction score
How long was it before you or your lo began to question Father Christmas and how did you te them? My son is 10 and although he didn't say anything last year the year before he was convinced father christmas wasn't real! He doesn't believe in the toth fairy but still puts them under his pillow - just worried about him finding out and spilling to his younger sister!

i was about 10 when i figured out santa wasnt real, but i was quite good and went along with it til my little brother discovered he wasnt real. such a lovely thing though, i loved it when i was a kid and thought santa was real! x

I was 7 when I realised he wasn't real - I remember it really clearly...I'd just brushed my teeth and asked my mum about it just before I was going to bed. She explained what really happened and told me that it was a special secret between us because my sister was still little and still believed in him, so told me that I mustn't tell her - just being made to feel grown up to have this secret helped me keep my mouth shut for the next couple of years :lol:

My brothers told me when I was about 6 lol nice of them to ruin it for me! Haha x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Someone Spoiled it for me when i was about 6, i was gutted! I'd say definately tell him before he goes to high school, maybe he will enjoy being in on mummy and daddys secret? X

I was 6 when I realised he wasn't real.

We've had to tell DD that the tooth fairy isn't real as she's terrified of her! She did ask me yesterday if Santa is real so I just asked her what she thought. She didn't really answer though so I think she is slowly figuring it out x

Sam's mum i was wondering if that is what i should do? He hasn't mentioned it yet and i wonder if he is just humouring me! I think if he brings it up again i will explain x
Gosh the rest of you found out early! He's in year 5 now and has changed his freinds and i think most of them still believe - maybe i should ask their parents - don't want him to be the one to spill to them either! He almost caught me out last year as i was filling their stockings - i went back after he had woke to finish filling them and he realised there was more stuff in there so had already checked it without me realising! Stocking and gifts downstairs this year me thinks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back