Family

Monkey

Reaction score
So my 28yr old step sister went in for heart surgery late last night. She lives in Aus with the rest of my family. I have tried to contact them to see how the op went and I am getting no response. I feel like because I am half way round the world I don't exist to them. I just want to make sure her op went well.

I only found out about her having a heart attack 2 days after she had it and that was because one of my other step sisters posted it on FB to all her friends. No one even thought to ring me when it happened. It's always the same, I never find out about any important family stuff until every one else knows and usually days later.

Sorry for the rant, just want my family to know I still exist even if I don't live in Aus.

Awww, I feel for you hun, it's horrible that you feel like that! Obviously I don't know you or your family so can't comment on whether or not they ignore you on purpose but if you're feeling like this then I think you need to tell them! Just because you live 100's of miles away doesn't mean that your not interested in them. If I was you I'd gently speak to them and let them know how you're feeling.

Hope your step sister is alright and that you get it all sorted soon, hun.

Sounds like you need to have a word with them hun, explain that you are just as concerned as they are and that you would rather not find out the family news via facebook? Very frustrating for you i'm sure :hug: x

Thanks for the replies. It feels good to be able to talk to someone about my feelings and thoughts.

My step sister is doing good, I read it on her FB.
I have tried to talk to my father about my issues of feeling ignored and left out and he virtually accused me of being hormonal. It's not the first time I have been left out of things though. Last Feb I had to call him because I had heard through a cousin via FB that my granddad was dying. I think it's just something that I have to get used to.

To be honest, I don't think my family know how to act with me moving so far away. I have a very large family and none of them have ever moved out of Queensland.

Maybe your family are finding it hard to adjust to you not living close by but I wouldn't say being left out or ignored, whether on purpose or not, is something you have to "get use too". Keep telling your family how you feel. How would they like it if it was the other way around and they only found out all your news via facebook?!

If you ever want to talk I'm a good listener!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back