family cars

paradysso

Reaction score
Were now expecting baby 2 but im thinking our car maybe too small as the buggy takes the whoel boot and then we will have the 2 car seats on back seat. How does every one else manage with 2 or more kids, what cars do you have?

Sorry i cant answer but interested in knowing too as im in the same boat lol, i have a beautiful volvo s40 but the car isnt hatch just boot and its a tiny boot and theres no room for owt, so im looking for a larger car too! x I understand all the mums driving people carriers now lol!

You think that's bad.... IVE GOT A MICRA.... what the hell am I going to do... I don't have the money for a bigger car.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I haven't had to put a buggy in the car for years.. I have enough trouble putting a weeks shopping in my car :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My DH does it....he's very VERY good at Tetris...

hahahaha tetris!!!!

I drove a chrysller voyager yesterday for one of my customers and it was very easy and there is loads of room plus i think the seats can be removed so there will be room for buggy and shopping, so i may look at trying to find a 2nd hand one.

My mot is due dec, so im praying it passes, any one got a MPV? are they good on petrol/ diesel?

You think that's bad.... IVE GOT A MICRA.... what the hell am I going to do... I don't have the money for a bigger car.. Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad I haven't had to put a buggy in the car for years.. I have enough trouble putting a weeks shopping in my car ROTFL ROTFL ROTFL My DH does it....he's very VERY good at Tetris...

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: lol bless ya xx

Squiglet said:
You think that's bad.... IVE GOT A MICRA.... what the hell am I going to do... I don't have the money for a bigger car.. :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( :( I haven't had to put a buggy in the car for years.. I have enough trouble putting a weeks shopping in my car :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: My DH does it....he's very VERY good at Tetris...

lol squiglet, I know how you feel i have a Ford KA. We also dont have the money to get a new car,christ knows what we are going to do when this baby comes along :lol: !

I've got a vauxhall Zafira and i'm expecting baby no 4

I have 2 kids and a vw golf, i have a maclaren techno xt which fits in the boot no problem with shopping too. My problem is that i am expecting number 3!!! I only have 2 full seatbelts in the back and quite honestly the seat isn't wide enough for 2 boosters and a babyseat. I have a passenger airbag that cannot be disabled. I spoke to the aa, who said the safest way to travel will be my 7 year old in the front with a booster seat without a back and the seat far back so that if necessary the airbag can deploy fully before hitting him, then the 2 smallest ones in the backseats. Luckily dh has a big mercedes that will fit us all in no problem, he needs that for work everyday but it'll be handy at the weekends!

Alfie

we had a vauxhall vectra when number 3 came along but was a bit of a squeeze, 2 in back with booster seats and baby in front as there was no air bag but when dh was driving i had to sit in the back in the middle, that soon made me want a bigger car so we now have a ford galaxy which is great

so MPV is best bet, hows the mileage per gallon on them?

mpg is pretty good, can get about 25/30 on run around journeys like school runs and town trips etc, long journeys we have got nearly 50 mpg but we tow a lot too so generally get aout 35/40 when towing

Oh ours is diesel too

ive got a toyota corolla , which , is perfect for baby even being 3door , boot is huge

what a am worried about is , where the hell am i gonna put the dog ! she doesnt go in the boot , she usually has the whole back seat to herself lol so am thinking , gonna have to get airbag turned off and hubby and dog sit in back !

but , he wants a freelander :shock:

We have a Citroen Picasso and I HATE driving it because it's too big! Have managed to scrape it on a wall twice :(

We have Focus C-Max, I absolutley LOVE it, the seats all drop down or can be taken out so it virtually changes into a van when you need to move stuff :D
The boot is huge anyway, I keep the pushchair, Brody's trike, Mason's scooter in it all the time and still have room for shopping. really recommend them! Soon we'll have 3 kids and still won't need to upsize, it's more than big enough. We have one just like this:

car_rt_photo_265111_1_7.jpg

well ive spoken to partner and my parents to see who will help chip in buying the new car. Were going to sell our car december and buy the voyager and my parents are going to give a bit of money for my xmas present to help pay. i cant wait :cheer:

We decided the voyager would be good as we hope to get a couple of german shepherds once baby is about 1 so were going to need loads of room.

all i know is it has to be automatic hahaha too lazy for all the gears oh and diesel. there insurance group 14 so should be no more then 300 for the insurance i think

they do look huge, i hope i can park it :shock:
chrysler_Voyager.jpg

Cool my mate has one of those they are absolutely enormous!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back