Fainting During Labour?

The contractions were a killer but I didn't faint, had no pain killers at all and it did feel like some one was constantly stabbing me in the back OVER AND OVER AND OVER again, I had a back birth :shock:

By the time I gave birth, the adrenaline you build up is a natural number, so I didn't feel much of the baby coming out, actually felt like doing a poop.

The placenta didn't hurt, just an uncomfy feeling. Now, the stitches after hurt a little but I think, after 30hrs of labour, some women have more, I don't think anything can touch you :rotfl:

Don't be worried, discuss pain relief with your midwife, then you will be ok. TBH, giving birth (after all the AHHHHHHHHHH PUSHHHHH), didn't hurt that much, hardly felt a thing, it was the contractions that could have knocked me sideways.

JUST GET GAS & AIR............you'll be floating!

Warley said:
Tadpole...don't let me put you off breastfeeding (christ almighty..the government would have me fined!)...it's really ok... :shock: apparantly!

X

You haven't :D Am just having a bit of a panic this week over everything. OH has taken me out for dinner, cooked for me, told me I'm beautiful and assured me i will do a fab job - so feel much better!!! :D

Hi

Not quite the answer you were expecting - but my midwife fainted during my labour!!!! :shock:

She hit the floor and another midwife had to bring in a wheelchair to take her away!

I think i was to blame as she had spent her entire shift with me and not eaten or had a break - didn't see her after to say sorry :( - i was too busy :sleep: !

sananbaz said:
Hi

Not quite the answer you were expecting - but my midwife fainted during my labour!!!! :shock:

She hit the floor and another midwife had to bring in a wheelchair to take her away!

I think i was to blame as she had spent her entire shift with me and not eaten or had a break - didn't see her after to say sorry :( - i was too busy :sleep: !

ahh, bless them midwives! one of mine visited me a few days after the birth, and said "i hope u dont mind, i ate one of your sweets out of the sweet jar, i was a bit thirsty" (i had a home birth- in june- it was hot!) i felt so bad that i hadnt offered them a drink- but i was 5cms by the time they got to ma house- could barely speak let alone make a brew LOL

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back