failed induction. save me?? lol

EmmaLou1990

Reaction score
So due to reduced movement and pelvic girdle pain I was offered a sweep 3 days ago at 39+0. It didn't work. My bishop score was 1. So came in for induction yesterday at 39+2. Given the prostaglandin gel, bishop scores a 3. After 4 hours got contractions every 10 minuites, quite strong, checked me over after another 5 hours and no change whatsoever. Unable to break waters due to babies position, shes high and slightly back to back. So told me to take pain relief, have a bath and let the contractions stop, go for a rest and try the gel again in a couple hours. Its now been 7 hours and no ones even checked on me or baby. I'm stuck in a pokey little room and getting fed up. They changed midwives due to a shift change and this new one just doesn't seem to want to get things moving. The one before said shell get a doctor to try help break my waters and checked on me every hour to 2 hours and this one has only checked once. So nearly been here 24 hours now and I'm exactly where I was when I came in. My other two children are at home and I just want to get home to them, I'm so fed up. My birthing partner has fell asleep on my bed lol. Just hoping they start things moving again soon. Not even sure what happens if the next gel does the same as last one and doesn't work. Anyone had any stories of induction? Was hoping it would be alot quicker than this. Feel like im gonna be here for a week

Have you had the pessary? That will probably be next they push it behind the cervix and if that don't work its the hormone drip and from what I'm told if that fails it's a section. Really hope it happens for you soon. Must be so frustrating just sitting there. Can you not ask her to get a doctor like the last one said she would do. X

Don't worry there it's lots of time yet. I had the same as you with my first and then had a pessory after 36 ish hours, followed by another 8hrs later. Still nothing happened but by this stage my waters could be broken so this was done and connected to a drip. Another 24hrs later my daughter arrived naturally!
Everyone reacts differently though so hopefully after the pessory it will get you going x

Emmalou it sounds like your little one really doesn't want to come out just yet! Fingers crossed it all starts to speed up for you. I can think of nothing worse :(

If it still fails you will have to decide between CS and going home to let labour start naturally.

If it still fails you will have to decide between CS and going home to let labour start naturally.

When i was admitted to be induced I was told they wouldn't let me leave until baby was born. Once they've started the process I don't think they'll give leaving you to go into labour naturally as an option.

I' ve seen a few ladies on here who went home after failed induction. It probably depends on the situation and the process they have used. If your waters are not broken, labour has stopped and they decide it is safe for the baby going home is an option. It might depend on the hospital policy too. Of course you can always insist you are leaving but that would not be advisable unless you are sure its safe.

I had my third gel an hour ago and I'm unchanged. Babies head still not coming down. Cervix is still thick so looks like its not gonna work. I'm being re assessed at 9 and then will wait till morning for the doctors decide what to do next. The hospital I'm in wont let me home now untill I've had baby. My birthing partner has left, my kids are being passed from pillar to post and I miss them like crazy. I've never spent a day away from then and its killing me, i cant stop crying cos I just want to be home with them. Just wish this whole process would hurry up or let me go home. Doctor said this would be best due to the reduced movement episodes but at this rate ill be still here on my due date. Who knows third time lucky maybe with the gel but will see. Been walking up and down stairs, bouncing on a ball and walking all day so fingers crossed x

Sorry you are having such a hard time hun. I hope it happens for you soon.

I was in for 3 days with my first, I had the pessary and 2 lots of the gel, nothing happened so they sent me home. I went back in when I was 12 days overdue xx

Hi - this happened to me with my third - reduced movements made me be induced.

It took 3.5 days and I was told induction had failed. I was put on nil by mouth and told c section was imminent. All that after believing it would he fine given my body has done it before!

They examined me ahead of section and Strangely my body started to respond- I think it's because baby decided to come.

They broke my waters and it all kicked off.

I just want to reassure you I fully understand how hard this, I was crying for my other kids but - baby's safety is so important and you are now so close to seeing your baby.

My little one was there an hour and 40 mins later. Four hours later we were all tucked up in our bed at home as a family.

Massive hugs, keep the faith,I know it's so hard and frustrating but it's going to be wonderful and anxiety only slows it down.

Thinking of you xxx

Hope baby comes soon for you. I'm going to ask about being aloud home and also ask once they start can they stop or will it end in a section. I understand it's hard for you but better to be there and get baby out. As soon as you cuddle them your forget how terrible it's been. Well that's what I'm told... good luck xx

Hope things were okay for you and you are busy enjoying newborn cuddles.

Hey been keeping an eye on here to see updates.. what happened? Hope you finally have your little one and lots of cuddles. I may be having an induction so please update lol x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back