facebook

niknaks

Reaction score
my mum and oh have both told me the things im putting on facebook about the baby are personal and i shouldnt be putting it all on there. all i put was how i went to hospital for my antenatal and that im now anaemic and dehydrated and how they sent me to fetal assessment cos baby wasnt moving (but hes fine) and they both like that too much information you shouldnt be putting all that on there. but its not like its public only my friends can see it. i dont see what there problem is. this is my first baby and im excited and its easier just putting it on there than telling people individually. its not like im telling it to the whole world and why cant i even if i wanted to, my babys doing well oh and my oh even liked the status that i put up so that annoyed me even more :-( x

Its your Facebook you can put what you feel comfortable putting up there. As long as you have the right privacy settings it's only your friends that can see anyway!
When I announced my pregnancy I had to go into 'detail' because we'd had extra tests so told people quite late.

grrrrrrrr I love it when people give you their opinion when you dont ask for it dont you. You havent posted about internal examinations have you!!! Grrrrrr you post away babe you be excited dont let anyone take away your happiness xxx

It's your fb, your baby and your body so do what you like! Long as your OH is in agreement, its a personal choice and we decided the opposite early on and that neither of us would be sharing info on there apart from when baby arrives but that's cos we both have randoms on there and not just 'friends'!

You post whatever you like. It is your FB! If they don't like it, then they can always hide your news feed or just not read it - simples!

God I put all sorts on there for example how like getting sex is like getting blood from a stone! :lol:

I couldn't care who reads it. They know me & my sense of humour. So what 'unfriend/remove me'

Your Facebook page, put what you like, they don't have to read it! My sister mentioned to me about putting something one day so I then went on to wind her up and wrote all of the grim sounding pregnancy related words like Mucus Plug, Bloody show, afterbirth - she is squeemish - anyway we ended up having a laugh about it and i think she realised not to poke her nose in!

you can put what you like, if your settings are on for only friends to see then its not like your advertising it to the world.

i have my setting on high privacy, only friends can see things but even they cant write on my wall only inbox me, i only really have it to check what my kids are up to, they are 15 & 16 years old.

tell them to shut up. F*** sake whats wrong with people xx

its your facebook, your life etc! and you can and should put what you are comfortable with. I hold back on baby details as alot of mine have been worrying details and wouldnt want the hassel of explaining to everyone even if not close friends etc i do completely see where you coming from, they are your friends on there and saves alot of time telling everyone all at once :) you should unfriend then if they hate your status's that much lol!! xxxx

I put all my updates on my fb status too hun - yesterday I put that baby is 3/5 engaged and every Friday I put how far along I am and what I've got left. Tough if other people don't like it, they don't have to read it!!

thanks girls yeah i know. its not like ive got people i dont know on there anyway. and im always getting people asking me how the baby is so just put it up. and i dont feel it was too grpahic, if it was i would have posted it on here. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back