Expressed milk?

lizylou

Reaction score
Hi ladies I really need some advice
I expressed some milk last night and out it in the fridge to use today
I have got off just over 4oz which I have transferred into a bottle to give to LO on his next feed
Should I have split it into two bottles? And can I still split it if its already all in one?
Also how long does the milk need at room temp before I can give it to him?
I am trying to get him used to bottles just incase anything happens x

Breast milk is good up to six days in teh fridge so you can still split it, if you think he won't take it all, worse case scenario you haev to wash two bottles. You can always warm it up in water in a bowl instead of waiting for it to get to room temperature as that may take quite sometime.

Just warm it in a bowl of warm water, its quicker. Milk can last in thw fridge 3 days for sure

Tapatalking so cant see signatures

Thank you both I did get it out fridge about twenty mins ago so ill just leave this feed as a whole try him on it and if he takes it I can express again after so I don't get engorged
Will deff keep trying
Fingers crossed x

Ok thank you for that hun
If he wakes up wanting to feed as its still cool ill warm it up for him in a bowl of water
I don't want to give him a poorly tummy
I'm really nervous about this bottle feed we have done them before but he gulps it like he is taking it from the breast and ends up choking on it : ( so I would say out of 4oz he will probably get 2 bless him
X

Well that did not go down well
He had about an oz if that I think most went down his neck
Followed by screaming fits
So ended up on boob : (

At room temp the milk is good for 4 hours. But once baby had used the bottle the milk needs to be used within a hour as something to do with it then being contaminated and it will go off.
Breast milk should be stored at the bottom at the back never in the door and its good for 6 days and can be frozen for months!!! xx

Breast milk is good for 8hours out for the fridge actually- and up to I think 10days in. Unlike formula it does not feed to be used within a set time once baby has drank from it as the living antibodies in breast milk prevent contamination.

The mother-2-mother website has great info on expressed breast milk. Please read this as you don't wanna have to throw away liquid gold and many people don't realise just how different it is from formula in relation to storage. Xxx

On my iPhone - so cant see tickers :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back