Can you freeze expressed milk in a bottle?

Beatlesfan

Reaction score
I am expressing milk and Imogen has been taking it from the Tommee Tippee bottles every few days (just one feed and 2oz at most) We are well pleased. I am keen to explore freezing milk so we have a back up of milk for OH and my mum to use if they need to look after Imogen in the future. Can I freeze the milk that I have expressed in the TT bottle straight to the freezer? I have a lid to put on the bottle (may need to purchase more as the other TT bottles I bought do not have flat lids, only lids to go over teats).

I have looked up on net and can;t find a definitive answer.

Thanks.

BF x

I'm not sure you can, but not sure you can't either - I've never tried. Why not just freeze it in the b/milk freezer bags? It takes no time to pop it into the steralised bottle once defrosted.

I'm pleased expressing is going well.

Valentine Xxx

Hmmm... seems to be a mystery...How do I get milk into bag from pump?

Do I just pour it from the bottle which I express into attached to pump?

That's what I do... express into bottle attached to pump, pour into freezer bag, and put one of those clip things on. Then defrost it in a bowl of hot water/fridge and pour back into bottle when you need it.

leckershell said:
That's what I do... express into bottle attached to pump, pour into freezer bag, and put one of those clip things on. Then defrost it in a bowl of hot water/fridge and pour back into bottle when you need it.

Ditto - easy peasy. Just pour from bottle (use a funnel, if you think it'll go everywhere!)

I'd be scared of freezing it in the bottle, just in case!

Valentine Xxx

If you have an advent pump you can buy breast pump bags from mothercare and just express straight into the bag... they come with funky clips... :) although freezer bags are cheaper... the express bags have measures on the side... But I used to freeze my boob milk in bottles sometimes... depended how lazy i was being.. :rotfl: If you do it to much though the bottle will crack. :roll:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back