Expressing

wannabmummy

Reaction score
I'm going to start expressing twice a day (trying to get my milk supply up a bit!) and I was just wondering if I express once in the morning and once in the evening can I leave the expressed bottle of milk in the fridge then add the evening expressed milk to it?

Also, how long can it stay in the fridge before I give it to LO and do I need to warm it up before I give it!?

Thanks xx

Yes you can add 2 together, the milk will last up to 5 days from the first amount expressed. Most babies prefer at least room temp milk if not warmer, especially breastfed babies as the milk is quite warm when it comes from the boobs :)

Don't forget to store the milk at the back of the fridge, because it's colder there.

If you want to increase your supply, fenugreek really helps too! When I expressed, I mixed the milk as well. I usually gave it to lo that day or the next day.

Thanks girls! Just bought some freezer bags online. I think what I might do is just freeze it all until he is 6 weeks then try and give it to him (advice says to not give a bottle before 6 weeks/breastfeeding established?) so if I express twice a day it should build my milk supply up and also provide a store of milk for when I want to have a break! (here's to hoping anyway!) x

I'm scared with the expressing tbh. I leak like crazy overnight when there's been a few hours gone between feeds. My norks kill!!

I have to leave baby overnight in a few weeks time so im worried about what I'm gonna do with my boobs/feeding etc. if I don't feed every few hours my boobd are ready to explode

I worry about over stimulating!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back