Obsessed?

xx.kelly

Reaction score
I am 8 weeks pregnant at the moment and I think I’m obsessed. All I do is think, talk and read books or magazines about the baby.

I always ask my boyfriend why he doesn’t care about the pregnancy as much as me and he said its because I’m obsessed. I hadn’t even realised until he said it…but its true!! It’s completely taken over my entire thoughts – I can’t stop thinking about it :)

Is this normal?

:hug: :hug: :hug:

yep! lol..

try not to worry though.. its harder for men as its not happening to them is it.. my husbands been better since he saw the scan.. xx good luck

Yeah i think it is normal. I asked my hubby why he doesnt seem interested at all in this 3rd baby was expecting. He said its cos he has had 4 years of constant baby talk :rotfl: So when you have this baby you will probably find that you are still obsessed with baby talk, books. I admit im obsessed even though its my 3rd.

I think that is why i come on these forums so that i can speak about my girls and this baby as much as i want because people expect it on here. Some of my friends and my sis dont have a clue as they are babyless and just get bored of me going on i think :D

My Mother in Law accused me of this because I mentioned, while we were at the pool on holiday, that I liked the idea of teaching our young baby to swim when s/he arrives. (I deny this absolutely, of course!)

Having said that, I did watch 4 hours straight of baby programmes on Living last night, which is a little worriesome. (Including that woman who had two wombs, was pregnant in each of them and successfully delivered both babies. I thought it was amazing!).

Mostly, though, I try to mention my symptoms to my husband on a daily basis just so that he can feel involved because we haven't had the scan yet and I only have a tiny bump. He doesn't appear to be too upset by these updates, so I think I must be keeping it reasonable!

My Matt wants to know EVERYTHING! I think that rather than me doing his head it could end up the other way! LOL. But I like that. I like men to take an interest in this kind of stuff. It's important. :)

I'm exactly the same, although I'm starting to bore myself a little now as I keep reading the same stuff! I'm impatient waiting to tell everyone at work etc, should recreate the initial excitement all over again!

I'm guilty of it too! I have even started to look at pushchairs etc even though I refuse to buy anything until I've had my 20 week scan. I'm driving hubby mad!!!

Im driving Tommo bonkers, I cant helop but keep oging over stuff and talking about the baby.
Thank god shes here in a few weeks! (his words)

My bloke although it great at looking after me, isnt fussed about what bean looks like right now etc... he likes feeling baby kick, but im a long way of that. He dont mind watching all the baby shows on tv phew hehe

But when baby does arrives, he becomes the best daddy ever.

I think it's the desperation to tell people!

ilovejd76 said:
I think it's the desperation to tell people!

Definitely - a girl at work has just announced she's pregnant and now I feel like she's gonna take away our limelight when we tell everyone in a couple of weeks!

yep! youll be obsessed with pregnancy throughout and beyond... i wish i was still pregnant in a way, its so magical!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back