exercising during pregnancy

cocoflakes

Reaction score
What exercise could I do whilst pregnant? Before I got pregnant I planned to start jogging then eventually begin running but then I fell pregnant so I looked online to see if its safe and apparently its safe if you was already doing it before pregnant but not to start it while pregnant.

Ive read that swimming is good, but I can get a bit panicky swimming because im not that good, & i dont think me getting like that would be best while pregnant.

Yoga I tried once years ago at home and it just bored me to death.

I keep thinking about walking but I have no friends local to go walking with and would get abit fed up just walking the dog all the time on my own.

Would really like to find an enjoyable exercise, any suggestions?

I just continued with the gym while I was pregnant but I had a trainer once a month to ensure I was doing suitable things. I now go to a post and anti natal class which is great and aimed at new mums and pregnant woman, wish it was on when Id been pregnant! We work on core strength and do little circuits while the babies either sleep or play on mats in the middle. There are pregnant ladies who also go so maybe look to see if there is anything in your area similar to this class.
Your right not to start something you didn't do before though as your body won't be used to it. Even bobbing about in the swimming pool can be good for you and getting baby into a good position if you don't like to swim

I just continued with the gym while I was pregnant but I had a trainer once a month to ensure I was doing suitable things. I now go to a post and anti natal class which is great and aimed at new mums and pregnant woman, wish it was on when Id been pregnant! We work on core strength and do little circuits while the babies either sleep or play on mats in the middle. There are pregnant ladies who also go so maybe look to see if there is anything in your area similar to this class.
Your right not to start something you didn't do before though as your body won't be used to it. Even bobbing about in the swimming pool can be good for you and getting baby into a good position if you don't like to swim

Thanks, ive not seen a midwife yet, my appointment is next week, will she tell me about anything like that? I wouldnt want to go to a class thing with other people knowing im pregnant just yet as im waiting for my 1st scan to tell all my family and friends (ive only told mum and sisters and inlaws)

She may have info but mine didn't I just Googled a lot and spoke to other mums. Def take things easy maybe not do anything just yet if your not used to it as the first 12 weeks are so important while baby is developing and implanting etc. I was so tired and sick during tri 1 I barely moved until about 10 weeks let alone doing the gym, then my energy came back and I felt up to it again and went back to my normal routine with a few tweeks to suit my changing body!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back