• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Exercise

Rachaellius

Reaction score
I was just wondering if many of you were doing much in the way of exercising when pregnant and what you are doing? My OH keeps nagging me to do some proper exercise but i work full time and by the time i get home i'm exhausted as i work on my feet all day. So i'm a bit worried about over doing it. Does anyone else think i should be doing more, any suggestions ladies??

x x x

Now I'm starting to feel a bit better I'm gonna try swimming and aquanateal classes.

I go swimming, it makes me feel loads better! Also I try and walk most places if its a reasonable distance :) x x x

I do nothing! I don't drive so I walk a lot if that counts!

You should only do as much as you feel you can hun, don't over do it. I have been doing 2 Prenatal exercise dvd's, a Davina one and a Pilates one. I only do about 30minutes max' 3times a week. The Pilates one is particularly good as it consists of individual 10minute sessions so if you're short of time you can just do 10mins here and there, it's quite challenging too - well i think it is! xxx

I really want to start up some sort of routine.

I put on a massive 7 stone while pregnant with my first (during pregnancy and just after birth)

I went on to lose 5 stone of that, but it took me 3/4 years to start losing it.

I'm terrified of the same thing happening with this baby.

I will not be eating like that again.

I work full time too, and have a 7 year old to look after, but thankfully I do alot of walking each day with the school run, but want to start doing some more exercise.

As of Monday, Im thinking of doing some sort of yoga/pilates, and my exercise bike and light weights. And possibly a bit of calorie countine (not excessive, just so I dont go over a certain amount)

:)

Hmm thanks ladies, swimming sounds like a good idea, not too strenuous. Well i can't swim but maybe by the time baba's here i will have learnt lol. I've got a wii fit aswell but i can just never find the motivation after getting in from work :/

Hey hun- I was doing a class at the gym and swimming for around the 1st 12 weeks, then dropped down to swimming only as the class was making my back hurt. Currently I'm trying to do a 20-30 min walk 2- 3 times a week until I've got a maternity swimming cossie and then start with some swimming again. Once on mat leave I've planning to give aquanatal a go (it's only on in the day and I work full time). I think it is very hard when you work full time and you do have to fit so much in- including rest! If you are on your feet all day at work I would count that as some exercise in itself! You just do what you feel u can hun, remember it's not good to overdo it, and your OH needs to recognise that too! xxxx

good thread!

i was planning on doing a class but been a bit of a bumpy ride since my bfp. im awaiting some results this week and if all is ok im going to take up a class once a week.

xx

I've been swimming and walking. I go back to work on Wednesday so will do 30 mins light cardio on the cross trainer and bike cos we have a gym in the building :)

We don't seem to have any classes around here... Except yoga.... Which isn't my thing!

i have my own crosstrainer i do 30 mins light cardio on it the days i dont work. I do 12 hr shifts so on my days off only its important to rest too

Pre-pregnancy I done martial arts 4 days a week. Dance 1 night and also gym 2/3 days a week. Since getting pregnant Ive been too tired to do anything. But tonight Im starting back at martial arts, just punching focus pads and not sparring or anything. I had already checked it was ok with the doctor. And cant wait to see everyone again :) Starting today, Im also watching what I eat (I eat wayyyy too much) and Ill be going to swimming and zumba. Ive already put on 5kgs!! so dont want to be getting much bigger, as my thighs are already massive and want to stay healthy and have an easy labour like DD. I danced up until I was 5 months pregnant. xxx

I did my first aquanatal class today and most likely my last as the classes do not run during the school holidays... :-( I do plan on going to the pool once or twice a week to do swimming and some the exercises I have learnt in my class today...

Am then going to do Antenatal yoga from next month.....

I must say the swimming is really nice as it takes the weight of the baby off... :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back