exercise

Layla

Reaction score
hi guys

i was wondering wether any of you know about diet and exercise during pregnancy?

I never botherd before but i would like to this time, i havent lost teh weight from coby yet so i dont want to get to big this time.

do you want what is safe and how much i can do? i know i can swim, but i was wondering about gym, step classes, etc?

im not seeing my midwife for a few weeks and i didnt want to bother my doc with it so i thought id ask here

xxx

i wouldnt do step classes or go to the gym layla. I used to walk alot and went to aquanatal which was really good because it doesnt tire you out loads as the water keeps you cool. you should just go for really long walks with colby in his pram :) xx

Hi Layla, I workout out until I was 7 months preganant, never stopped me gaining 4 stone mind you LOL, the general rule is if you workout right up to when u got pregnant u can continue but nothing too strenious, I went to water aerobics with my mate as well we had a good laugh if nothing else. You have to watch as well as when your prengant as your ligaments and tendons all move about and soften in preperation for giving birth i.e. Pelvis and hipss so its not advisable to go on the exercise bike, i had a miss placed pelvis thru pregnancy and it really hurt so if you do exercise watch your pelvis ankles and back as you carrying alot more weight than normal. Im not too sure about dieting in pregnancy, but eating healthily is a great option XkelX

Layla,

All the books warn not to do anymore exercise during pregnancy than you did prior to it especially not in the first three months, would really speak to your midwife before you try anything new, gentle walking and swimming is meant to be extremely beneficial though.

Good luck with whatever you try!

Kat x

I remember seeing this on telly....

a woman was asking if she could still exercise during pregnancy. They said yes but not to much. Theres pregnancy water classes. Or in the gym they do keep fit for beginners, they said that class was best for pregnant woman, but they said to ask the instructor first as some vary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
miamie50
Back