Exercise Anyone??

Dee83

Reaction score
Hi,

Just wondering what, if any exercise, you are doing in tri 1? Since i found out i am pregnant, 6 weeks ago, i haven't done a thing! I spend most days just lying around the house, partly because i am soooo tired and partly because of the sickness. So many people have said to me that i should be doing at least something in the way of exercise but i just can't find the energy! :nap:

Dee. xx

I did half an hour on the bike during very early days, when I was still feeling OK, but since cramps and sickness kicked in, it's been impossible. I just wish I could function normally now, I can barely manage to do the weekly shop, I feel so ill.

ive been attending an aqua natal class every tuesday this will be my 3rd week and ive been trying to walk my dog as much as i can. Thankfully ive had no sickness but i am always very tired, i feel better afer a walk though xx

I was going to aerobics classes a couple of times a week and playing badminton once a week at first (had been doing those things before getting BFP), but for the last couple of weeks I've just been too tired. By the time I get in from work I just want to sit down, even though all I do all day is sit down at a desk! Not at work today, so had a lovely lie in today, only got up about an hour ago and I'm already yawning! I really hope I start to get some energy back when I get into tri 2 so I can start to be a bit more active. I have read in books that the fitter you are during your pregnancy the fitter the baby will be.

ive been attending an aqua natal class every tuesday this will be my 3rd week and ive been trying to walk my dog as much as i can. Thankfully ive had no sickness but i am always very tired, i feel better afer a walk though xx
Aww, lucky girl! My poor doggy has to make do with the garden and some ball throwing by her daddy. Even looking at a ball move is enough to make me sick :cry:

I've been thinking about starting an aquanatal class but i'm not sure if bobbing about in the water will make me sick! I think i will wait until the sickness has subsided!
Before i found out i was pregnant i was really into going on the Wii Fit but i just can't get the energy now. I don't know whether i should be giving myself a good shake and making myself do some or whether me feeling so tired is my body saying it's not up to doing anything?!!
I think i will wait until after my scan (a week today!!) and then i will know that baby is ok and will prob feel a bit better about doing some exercise! xx

Hi Dee, I'm 100% with you. I feel exhausted just trying to function every day. Going to work wipes me out totally. I tried going for a gentle walk round the park but half way I got really bad thirst and felt dehydrated, so we went home. Pathetic, I used to go jogging 3 times a week but now I feel tired going up the stairs! People keep telling me I will feel more normal in Tri2, so I'm waiting til then and in the meantime I think I'll catch another nap x

Hi Dee, I'm 100% with you. I feel exhausted just trying to function every day. Going to work wipes me out totally. I tried going for a gentle walk round the park but half way I got really bad thirst and felt dehydrated, so we went home. Pathetic, I used to go jogging 3 times a week but now I feel tired going up the stairs! People keep telling me I will feel more normal in Tri2, so I'm waiting til then and in the meantime I think I'll catch another nap x

I've just had my usual 30minute midday snooze, can never sleep properly during the day for some reason! Possibly cos i feel guilty that i should be getting on and doing things! Well, bring on Tri2! Not too long to go for us now! xx

Last edited:
I am 11+2 ish and I am a qualified Personal Trainer / class instructor. I personally have stopped everything due to sickness/exhaustion and overall anxiousness! The standard recommendation is gentle low impact excercise is positive, swimming, walking etc. I believe that you should do what you feel you can - if anything! and certainly don't feel pressured to do anything you didn't do before. I plan to start gentle ex after the re-assurance of 12 week scan - as soon as the sickness subsides (hopefully soon). But it is also important not to cause your body unfamiliar stress, if you didn't do it before, best not to start something new now... overheating can cause problems to your little baby so easy does it. As i say, im taking no risks, for me the risks far outweigh the benefits at this stage so im chilling out :)

I have 9 dogs to walk!!!

Luckily we have a huge paddock so I've been taking a deck chair over with me so I can sit in the field shelter and doze whilst they charge around!!! I do force myself to do 2 laps of the field with them first!!!

i am planning on joining a pregnancy excersize class once i get past 12 weeks. i posted a thread a while ago in tri 3 asking if any of the lovely ladies had been excersizing throughout. all except 1 had done nothing and really regretted it so im going to try really hard to attend this weekly class i've found.

i had my first m/w appt today and she said a half an hour walk 3 times a week would be enough excersize throughout pregnancy xx

I'm a member of a gym close by. They do PG exercise classes. They also have a lively big pool for swimming too. Done nothing so far though due to feeling rough. Am hoping Tri2 will be different.

i have a cross trainer have been going slowly on that. But only when i feel like it. Sometimes i feel too tired

I was too tired up until about two weeks ago but Ive been forced out walking as we board a guidedog and have to bring hin for runs at the weekends.
Ive got vouchers for my local pool so going to start swimming as MW said that anything that makes u feel weightless is the best thing.

Before my BFP I was a gym-o-holic and went every day but during tri 1 I was so sick I barely got off the sofa other than to walk the dog, maybe managed twice a week at most until about week 10 when things dramatically improved and I'm back to most days now but take it easy. I've been getting a new program from my trainer every 4 weeks as my body changes to make sure I'm not doing things that are bad for baby. Just do what you can or what you feel like it, a walk in the fresh air can help when you feel rough, your energy will def come back in tri 2 you can exercise more again then.

Luckily sicknesss hasn't been a problem for me but tiredness has. I have still managed to walk the dogs everyday but haven't been jogging as I used to. Have started pilates to try and stay strong an have been horse riding once a week-have been doing this for years and have it down to once a week. Really not feeling my fitess at the moment but hope tri2 might be better for that!!!

I go on a run every morning, just 15 minutes down the street and 15 back. But I've done that for the past 2 years pretty much. I'll probably stop that when I start really noticing the bump & then I'll be looking for actual classes to attend or even looking the kind of things I can do in my house.
I'm hoping I won't get incredibly tired as the time goes on as I really want to keep fit through the pregnancy, my sister could hardly move all day when she was pregnant!

Hi girls, I couldn't manage to get to the gym or swim much at all in Tri 1. I had been going 5 times a week but the tiredness and lack of energy meant i couldn't face it. I started to feel great at 14 weeks and back to the gym about 3 times a week now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back