Exercise after a section

xmcnickyx

Reaction score
Ladies

It'll be 7 weeks on Wednesday since my section and I'm feelin really well and want to get back the gym. Have pencilled in Friday as my first gym session and spoke to the doctor about it today at my 6 week check but she was so vague about the whole thing I don't know what to do for the best.

I'm not planning on doing anything crazy, just some cardio to start getting myself back into it. She reckons I should try a 10 minute walk :roll: hardly enough to make me breathe heavy. She didn't say when I could go back the gym but just said when I feel like it. I feel like it now!

So for those who have had a section, when did you start to exercise again afterward (if at all :D )?

Thanks

hmmm ive never been to the gym but was back into full mummy duty straight away :lol: All I would say is if you feel ready go for it but take it easy! Is there someone you go with that could keep an eye on you and remind you not to over do it?

i was told to wait 12 weeks and then to build up slowly, i have had problems with my iron levels so only just felt strong enough to start this week

I had planned on going back to the gym last Friday but felt awful then got a stomach bug at the weekend and now I have a sore throat and cough! :roll:

Definitly want to try to go back soon, even if it's just once a week for now. I will take it easy, let the staff know that I've had a section and ask them what the best exercise is etc.

I went on the wii yesterday and did some of the gentle ones....fook me Im in agony now! :wall:
5 weeks is way too early for me :lol:

Its been almost 14 weeks for me now and I still don't feel ready! I would love to start exercising but some days I'm still sore and I still don't feel like my iron levels are back to normal. Good luck with your gym session, hope it goes well!

It's advised to only do the exercises the hospital should have given you for the first 12 weeks and then gradually build up to doing more. I wouldn't be in the gym until at least 12 weeks post c section hun.

Strangeness said:
It's advised to only do the exercises the hospital should have given you for the first 12 weeks and then gradually build up to doing more. I wouldn't be in the gym until at least 12 weeks post c section hun.

I completly agree!! Brisk walks are fine but I would really refrain from anything else even a jog or cycling as they engage alot of other muscles in your body.

For ab workouts I would leave until baby is about 4months+.

I know it seems a while but don;t worry you have plenty of time to get back in shape!

:hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back