Breastfeeding and Exercise

Rosie's Mummy

Reaction score
Right then. Im not ready to start doing anything crazy yet but I want to know about breastfeeding and exercise.

Mainly if it affects your supply and quality of it? Does that make sense? Im sure I read somewhere when I was pregnant with Rosie that exercise makes your milk sour tasting and bad for the baby because of your body losing weight or something.

I really want to breastfeed for as long as I can but I also want to resume normal life which for me includes exercise on a pretty decent level, by this I mean getting back to running several times a week and going back to the gym. If it means that my milk is going to go weird then I will postpone my fitness plans - baby comes first, no doubt about that in my mind.

I already want rid of my belly - going to ask for a referral to a physio when I get my 6 week check up, my abdominals have separated so much its unreal, I still look pregnant!

im sure if you introduce exercise back gradually then you will be fine. as long as you start off easy going and then build it back up to how you used to have it fairly steadily, youll be fine and if there is any wierd milk changes little one can gradually get used to it! as you have been that fit before, it usually doesnt take that long to get back to being that fit again. good luck! pm me if you have any other fitness questions (full time personal trainer on duty my friend ) x

I'm running twice a week again Helen. I went spinning 2 nights ago and it totally kileed!!!!

My mw told me that if you are physically active you may produce more milk volume. Just make sure you wear a really good sports bra and you ease your way into it slowly xxxxx

Thanks girls! I am really looking forward to getting back into it and getting fit and supple again. God knows my body has done some work the last 9 months! Time to get back into shape xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back