Excited and scared at the same time!

RebaMc

Reaction score
First of all, I have no idea if this is in the right place or not.

Anyway, here goes.

I think I'm PG... did an early response test 4 days ago and got a very very very faint line... just done another one today a got a more definite line - still faint, but obviously there.

There is a very good chance that I am because my husband just came home one night 4 weeks ago and said 'it's time to make babies!'... so we obviously got down to it, and afterwards I calculated that it was around my ovulation time.

So, this is our first attempt, and I'm extremely nervous and excited. I have absolutely no idea what to do now. Obviously an appointment at the doctors goes without saying, but in the meantime I'd like to make sure I'm doing all the right things.

So any advice would be fantastic! (I'm 31 btw, if that makes any difference)

Meant to say that I've been feeling quite queasy and dizzy recently... but I don't know if you get those symptons this early on, or I'm just wishful thinking!

Hello :wave:

Firstly good luck and I hope you get that BFP your hoping for :D

I started feeling queasy and sick about a week ago so I'd say thats a good sign.

GOOD LUCK! :pray:

Hello :wave:

Firstly, congratulations on your very possible BFP (Big Fat Positive)!!!

Are you taking folic acid? Doctors really recommend that you take Folic Acid everyday.

Keep testing for the next few days just to check that your line is getting darker. Using first morning urine will give the best result.

Word or warning, some doctors can be quite dismissive when you first visit them early on in pregnancy as it is such early days but I would definately go to get some further advice. My doctor was great but I have heard a few stories on here of mean doctors!

Hope this helps and congratulations again x x

Hiya Hun!
Dont worry I have been spending the last few weeks switching between excitement and terror! And for the queasiness - oh yeah it can start this early, dont worry.

Go and see the doc, and stay with us on the forum to help you through it - they have certainly helped me through the first few weeks!

Congrats on your BFP, and welcome!!!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
Div Girl

I'd not worry too much about going to see your GP yet. They don't do anything this early anyways.

Usually go see them a bit later on if you need to and they will refer you to the MW or the MW will contact you for booking in, usually done after 8 weeks of pregnancy. Nothing to be done before then.

Take folic acid if not already. Relax, try to eat well and relax :)

Congratulations btw :)

I haven't taken any supplements yet :wall:

Are they really expensive? Don't have enough money for bills this month... :(

Oooo... thank you so much everyone. I know it's early days and I should try not to get too excited. Yep, have been taking folic acid.

:D

Cristina
I think you can get free supplements from some maternity clinics - worth investigating!

Thanks for the advice Jimmer! Will try and see if there's one around my local area.

And don't worry the next week will go really fast :D

I had my first MW appointment at only 5 weeks! I was given loads of good information, had my bloods done and urine test done. I also have all of her contact numbers in case I have any questions or problems. I think every doctor is different so it is worth going along just to see what type of doctor you have!!! Lots of luck :hug:

Congratulations RebaMc. :cheer:

As the others have said, try and relax, I wouldn't worry about going to the docs just yet as theres not much that they will do. I ended up feeling quite deflated after I went to see mine.

I felt my first symtoms a week before AF was due, nausea, mild AF pains, tiredness. So yes you can feel symtoms early on. :D

Hi :wave:

Congratulations hun.

I too (like Sally) had my first midwife appointment at 5 weeks 1 day. She done my bloods and urine at this appointment too. So its worth just giving your docs a call and they will tell you when midwife wants to see you.

xxxxx

Cristina said:

If you're not working I think you may be able to get an extra couple of quid a week to help towards food bill for fruit and veg.

I took Tesco folic acid which was cheap.

Yeah I'm a student a.k.a professional dosser. No, not really :p
Thankfully, I'll be able to start working again once my exams are over.

Keep us informed RebaMC! :D

sally... I had no idea they give you MW appointments so early. Hmm, good job I have my doc appointment next week. Should I call the surgery in advance and tell them I'm preggers?

definatley get taking folic acid. You can get it in tesco or asda cheap . Or call the doctors he should give you a prescription for it. As your a student its free.

Also if you have a few extra pennies try a clear blue digital pregnancy test.
It will say pregnant or not pregnant in words so no faffing about with lines.

Cristina said:

You can get folic acid on prescription from your GP/MW also so you won't have to pay if PG and with an NHS maternity card (if you don't have one yet ask your GP if they can call your local pharmacy to ask them to let you have it without charge as card has not come through, thats what my GP did for me)

If you can't do that yet, its worth spending a few pounds on the folic acid as it is an important one to take in the first 12 weeks if you can.

Cristina said:
sally... I had no idea they give you MW appointments so early. Hmm, good job I have my doc appointment next week. Should I call the surgery in advance and tell them I'm preggers?

I'd not worry overly. Booking in is around 8 weeks usually, but it does vary for some. Some places go much later to book in. There really is nothing to do before then. My MW's policy was not to book in before 8 weeks. Bloods etc were done at 12 weeks and again at 16 for the triple test.

You can just let your GP know when you see him/her next week. He can tell you about contacting the MW then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back