Calculators at the ready please!

M&Ms

Reaction score
I know all this will be confirmed for definite when I have my first dating scan, but I am trying to get a better idea of when I am actually due.

I had my Mirena coil removed on September 15th and although I had a slight bleed/period then, I have had nothing since. Basically, I don't know when my last period was to calculate my rough due date!

I did a Predictor HPT last Tuesday and got a very very faint, almost invisible, pink dot, then a very strong dot on the Thursday and a slight bleed (implantation?), so I am assuming my 'first day of missed period' must actually have been the Wednesday? So when did I ovulate?

The family planning clinic calculated due date of 22/23 June from the day my coil was removed.

Given that Tuesdays dot was barely there, and Thursdays was bright, I would say you were probably about 4 weeks pregnant last Thursday? So 2 weeks before that you would on conceived (about the 19th Oct). That's just a guess though given the dates you got the positives and their strengths. Some people don't get real strong lines till they are nearer 5 or 6 weeks pregnant.

Thanks Sami. That fits in with roughly where I had it in my head too. Seeing doctor this afternoon who will hopefully be able to confirm more.

Funnily enough it's the same doctor who took my coil out for me and said 'I don't want to see you back here in 4 weeks telling me you're pregnant' when I told her I was going to have a contraceptive break :lol:

I've left it 6 weeks instead :wink:

My doctor reckons that baby could have been conceived any time between the 8th September and the 14th when my coil was removed, so I might be a week further gone than I thought! :shock:

Roll on dating scan so we know a bit more definitely :lol:

I was just going to say the same hun. I had the Mirena before I had Charlie, and the doc said that if we had bd any time in the previous 5 days, then I could get pg straight away! Didn't happen to me though, but it didn't take much longer.

Congratulations to you! :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back