evil midwife

Linda

Reaction score
on wednesday i saw the consultant who said everything was fine and now it was just playing the waiting game, i'm due to go back on the 6th the day before my due date and if nothings happened by then they will try to do a sweep.

on friday i had an appointment to see my local m/w at the docs as last time they said they needed to ring the hospital to get some blood test results for my records.

i went for my appointment at 2pm, sat there for an hour due to there only being one m/w on as the other 3 were at the hospital on delivery.

the wait didnt bother me as these things happen, but they had requested another m/w from another practice to come and help with the clinic.

the new m/w turned up and i was the first to see her.

what a witch she was!!!

she spent the first couple of minutes complaining that she had been dragged to the clinic and made it obvious she didnt want to be there. then asked me why i had come as i'd been seen by they consultant that week and told me i was wasting an appointment by turning up and i should have cancelled it.........

i explained what the other m/w said about ringing the hospital to which i was told she didnt have time to mess around with 'trivial things like that' :shock:

she felt my bump and said bean was still floating, i told her i was told on wednesday that we were now 2/5th engaged, i swear she almost cracked my pelvis trying to check again and said yes possibly???

then she asked me, how to work the computer system?????

like i'd know, i dont sit there asking how to make appointments when i go or ask how to get on the surgery system!!

then last night i had horrible pains in my back and left side it almost knocked me sick. i'm sure it was to do with her being so hard on my pelvis, i have mild spd so that cant have helped.

i wasnt happy, and if i have her again next week when i go i'll be asking to see someone else.

What a nightmare appointment that was for you! I'd of been crying my eyes out after that :shock: I'd refuse to see her again, there is no need for an attitude like that! :hug:

You dont need to put up with that :evil:
I think you are quite right to refuse her next week and it wouldnt do any harm to write a little letter to the practice.

:hug: :hug:

It makes you wonder why some of these people decide to become midwives in the first place, they just don't seem to have the right personality or attitude for it.
I don't blame you for wanting to see someone else. She sounds hideous!

What team are you under? Do you remember her name? I really think you should complain. I was supposed to go to an appointment at Burnley the other day but had to change it. When I rang and the midwife asked me what it was for I didn't know because I wasn't told and it wasn't in my notes. Turns out they didn't know either! Then she asks me is there anything medically wrong with you apart from being pregnant?! I found it hard to contain my laughter and said no I'm perfectly healthy. She said someone would ring me back but never did. I'm afraid to say that my confidence in the team has hit rock bottom. I'm tired of seeing lots of different midwifes.

i'm under burnley and blackburn,

i dont want to deliver at burnley and used to live in Accrington so i was assigned a consultant at blackburn as i was over there at the time.

the midwife in question was over here in burnley as she came from another practice about 20 mins away, with the way she was talking anyone would have thought she had driven hours to get here.

o/h said i should say something when we go again on friday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back