34wk m/w appt today.....

BeckyJ

Reaction score
all well, baby still head down, strong heartbeat, all seems healthy :D

got my parentcraft class re-arranged for may 1st :dance:

m/w asked if i still wanted a homebirth and i said yes after the visit to the delivery suite put me off :cry: she said even though the hosp has 1 birthing pool, if it was free i still prob couldnt use it as there needs to be a m/w with you at all times and there is not normally enough staff, m/w also needs to be trained in water births which not all of them are

i asked if they had baths and she said no only sit down shower thingys and those and the ensuite (wc) are shared between 2 rooms which again i dont fancy

so home birth it is - fingers crossed

they don't sound very organised at your hospital...I'm not surprised ur having your Lo at home. :D

Glad your appointment went well.xxxxx

cheers sarah

another thing is i asked about a tour of the delivery suite and midwife said they dont do them :roll:

everything just tells me home will be best

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
it does sound like home is the best idea!

At my hospital most of the rooms are ensuite with baths, the thing is 'most' isn't really good enough as they are often full!
And the pool at mine is just naff really. In fact the bath at my OH's parents is just as big really!

Glad everything else is well, fingers crossed we don't need to go to the hospital at any point!

your hospital sound a bit naff
home birth sounds a much better plan for you :D
hope it all goes well and you can have one
glad baby is still head down and healthy hun :cheer:

sarah :hug: :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members