Evicted

emma28

Reaction score
We live on a dairy farm, rent the cottage next to the farmhouse. We moved here after our last house burnt down and despite having nothing, we were really excited that we had found our dream house...affordable and massive with a huge garden and double garage. Even though it is rented the owners said they wanted us as long term tennants. I asked if they would ever want it for a labourer to live in and they said no, as all their employees travelled daily.

They came over last night and said that they had no life on the farm 24/7 and wanted to put a full time worker in our house so that they could be on call...so basically we are evicted. :cry: :cry:

I admit they are better circumstances than last time but I am gutted :cry: It feels like someone has died :cry: I can't stop crying and it's so hard to hide it from Jonah. We are going to look at another farm cottage this afternoon so I hope it's ok otherwise we will have to move onto a street or an estate :cry: I've never lived not on a farm before. I've never had neighbours or and I'm scared :cry: It's not just gonna be moving house, it'll be a whole lifestyle change. I feel sick.

Anyone got a 3 bed detatched house with double garage and garden, no neighbours for £450pcm?

Isn't life just pants.

Don't fret hun something will turn up :hug:

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: aww hun, what bad timing! How long do you have before you have to get out? It seems a bit mean of them to drop this on you now when you've not long had the baby, when they told you it would be a long term let :(

I hope you can find somewhere really nice soon :pray: :pray:

Thanks. They said we could take our time looking for somewhere else, but we've looked at some places already. I don't see thepoint in dragging our feet. If we have to leave, then thats it. It's so sad, we've put a lot of effort into this house.

We decided to have another baby because we had lots of room here and the lifestyle we wanted to bring children up in. :(

oh hun :hug: :hug: we have been let down to as we were meant to be doing a council swap. i was all excited and she has said that she isnt ready at the moment.

if i hear of anywhere with that description i will let you know :D

Is there someone you know who can do the job they want doing and who you wouldn't mind living with you? A family member or close friend perhaps? Could be a good compromise that means you get to stay in the house!

Other than that dont fret hun, you may need to change your lifestyle temporarily but there are a lot of advantages to urban living if you cant find another farmhouse or cottage. Maybe you should start saving for a deposit so you can buy a house instead!

Good luck xxx

Well, I've been to see a huge and lovely house in a rough and awful area , oh and right next to a graveyard and on a massive estate.

And I've looked at a teeny house on a farm miles away from anything that was too small for Abigail to live in alone. Nice garden though, and Rob liked the shed.

Love your sig pic Kim :)

Awww hun, sorry to hear this, Im sure something will come up :hug:

I will help out anyway I can, Why dont Paul and Robin live in that tiny house and u can kids come live here????

I also have a shed and a double blow up mattress if ever you need to use them :rotfl:

Nah hun only joking, try not to worry something will come up :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Sorry to hear this is happening :hug:

Its worth calling round the local land agents who represent the larger farm estates. Often they have properties to rent or find a tenant for on behalf of the local landowner.

Also look up the more upmarket estate agents (Greenslade Taylor Hunt, Stags or whoever is based in your area etc) who deal in rural places and rentals. They often have similar things on their books for rent.

There is also the National Trust. You can go on a waiting list or whatever your area Trust have. They have properties coming up on and off and you never know.

Ah HUNNY :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
I am sorry to read i can understand why your upset
hope you find some where soon luv :pray: :pray:
there is losts of lovley country side up there
im sure you'll find a nice cottage to rent at the price you can afford
good luck luv :pray:
sarah :hug: :hug: :wave:

:hug: hope u find somewhere soon hun, dont worry about living on a street with neighbours- it might be fun- and u dont HAVE to bother with them. i never speak to any of mine! dont even kno they names lol

hope u get something sorted :hug:

Wherever you move to it will be HOME because you will be there as family, and even if it isn't 'perfect', you will find that perfect place again one day I'm sure :hug: :hug: :hug: Really hope you feel a bit better about it soon, and you never know, if it happens, you may find you like living next door to someone, some neighbours are really nice you know, I love ours and am not looking forward to leaving them when we move soon :hug: :hug: :hug:

Well thanks everyone, for all your kind words :hug: I cried til 2am but now I'm gonna think positive....

Today we are going to look at 3 houses in a nearby town. A 2 bed, 3bed and 4bed.

The 2bed is right next to the in-laws....I hoped Jonah might be able to go in the attic :think:
http://212.50.188.106/cgi-win/vebra.cgi ... TL/11643/3
The 3bed is the one next to the graveyard, but maybe it's not as bad as I first thought.....(nice kitchen :oops: )
http://www.pattinson.co.uk/public/conte ... perty=8998
The 4bed would obviously be the best and it's in a nice part of town...but much more than we are paying atm.
Not got a link for there as it's already under offer but the agents think it will fall through.

They will all be walking distance to Robins work and a new school for Jonah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back