Everythings gone pear-shaped :(

mdsremos

Reaction score
Went to my normal midwife appointment on Monday 27th and everything was okay but started feel a little uncomfortable on Thursday (lower stomach pain) and managed to see my GP who tested my urine which showed protein +3 and high blood presure. Had a complete panic, was referred to the assessment unit at the hospital who admitted me for a 24 hours urine test.
On Friday I completed the test and my bloods were high with Uric Acid so was diagnosed with the onset of pre-eclampsia!!! Was discharged Friday night just for a night home and then called back 3pm SAturday and kept in again..... still had protein, now +2 but my BP was fine, no swelling but had steriod injections for baby's lungs as well just in case.

Finally had 2 days of no protein although still high blood results so they have now decided to discharge me (that was last night) and I now have to report to the assessment unit twice a week starting Monday and should any of my levels increase I will be back in again!!!! :(

Scariest part was being told that someone with pre-eclampsia can need an emergency C-Section within 20 minutes of becoming ill and with the baby being prem would need special care. We had a scan on Monday and he is a little larger than his expected dates (33+4 today) and weighs approximately 5lb 6oz which was a relief to know he isnt too small.

Sorry to go on but just feeling out of sorts and things are still abit surreal as we had everything planned and now things seem to be out of our control and were just taking each day as it comes. Come back into work today and also tomorrow to finish everything off then taking 2 weeks booked holiday then starting my maternity leave (at least its only worked out 2 weeks early, could have been worse) but of course if baby comes early we'll take it as it comes.

Diane & Mark

Aww hun, what an ordeal.
Take it easy, and rest up. xxxx

Hi hun I'm sorry you;re going through this. I just wanted to say baby is a VERY good weight, most 34 weekers (ish) are about 4lb - 4.5lb so LO is a good size. My Damien was 5lb 13oz at 34 weeks.
At this weight and given you have had steroids, baby should do well. Have they given you a tour of SCBU to prepare you just incase? It could be worthwhile so that it isn't a shock to you if baby has to go there.

If you need to talk PM me hun. Also if you have any questions just ask xxx

Hiya,
It's not nice when things start going wrong for me it was right from the start i had an horrendous pregnancy which turned from bad too worse as time went on, i was admitted at 33 weeks and given steroid injections and tablets to stop contractions Abi was then born at 35 weeks weighing 6lb 2 she was a really good weight, she had to be gavage fed for 2 weeks and she spent a week having phototherapy due to jaundice (this was made worse by the complicated birth cos she was badly bruised) but other than that done really well and she is now a happy healthy baby and although i had such a rough time with both pregnancy and birth i would go through it all again :)

Good luck hope all goes well

manda x

heya i have just had baby bliss at about 34 wks and she weighd 4lb 6 @ birth n now she weighs 4lb 8. so if ur lo comes now he will be a good size. bliss is in scbu and doing great she was on a ventilator after havin steroids n now shes breathing mostly on her own and she had a feeding tube for the 1st wk and now feeds well too
love xx willow xx ps pm me if u wna chat or anyfin

I know its not much help but wanted to say hope everything works out for you.

Take care

L x

Been back to the Antenatal Assessment Day Unit this morning at Leighton Hospital and my urine is clear which is such a relief (had a suitcase packed in the car just in case), BP is fine as it has been all along and the trace for Baby was good as well even though they had to leave it on a little longer than planned cos he was asleep and they needed more movements for the printout. He soon woke up and caused havoc with the monitor...thats my boy!

They have taken bloods again as well as this was a major factor last week and when the results come back tomorrow they said they would call me in if there was a problem otherwise stick with an appointment for this Wednesday to see the consultant to review all my results and decide whether I need further monitoring at the hospital or if I can be discharged back to my midwife for my usual weekly appointments.

Well that is good news for now! At least they are onto it and if needs be they can deal with the situation quickly as they know whats going on.

Good luck.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back